Where is the best place to find drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozz513

Solid State Member
Where is the best place to find drivers? I have a Compaq Presario 1403WM and I'm running XP Pro 32 bit. I went to Compaq's website but when I would try to download the drivers they had available it says my computer does not meet system requirements. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help.

true, just went there no drivers.
you need to figure out what your graphics is.
you can do this by going to start > run > type DXDIAG (you may need to answer a yes or no question) and the display tab will shwo you what you have.

next, go to the manufacturers website, intel or ati or nvidia and get the drivers from there.
The best place for drivers is always the manufacturers website - your instinct was right, look at compaq. but all compaq do is throw together different parts from different manufacturers and call their crap a machine :p so yeah

What drivers do you need? Why do you need them? If it aint broke dont try to fix it. ;)

I get my lesser known drivers from FileHippo.. They generally have a pretty good track record for that stuff. When I needed older drivers (newer ones were crashing my card), they have a repository of dozens of older nVidia drivers. Otherwise I just get it from the manufacturers website. If I don't know who made a specific piece, I do a Driver Robot scan, which also generally does pretty well.. misses a few some times but otherwise it works :thumbsup:

I prefer "if it aint broke then somethings wrong with it" :p everything breaks - cars, tech, people. general wear and tear, I expect everything to break once in awhile, it helps to test the skills we collect and allows us to remember to look after things better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom