What's with the atrocious writing skills?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is'nt the spelling errors that are bad, because I am an attrocious speller.

It's long run of sentances, lack of capatizalation and completely poor grammar as well "shorcuts".

this forum is pretty laid back....as are most forums. i can stand spelling and grammatical errors to a point, but if i can't read it, then i can't read it. i'll perhaps throw a gentle message to the member asking for clarification. in saying that, if my lack of formal capitalzation bothers you, perhaps stopping here would be beneficial.
i feel that this "leetspeak" this is just plain silly. "leetspeak", for lack of a better term, was used years ago as well. the speech didn't have much gravity when i first saw it in the mid-80s, but, it was there. bullitin boards used it and their members used the speech coupled with anything that they could draw with ascii. fairly interesting, but now it's hitting a much more broad playing field. in all reality, everything in the tech world is. clearly, in today's age, it's "cool" to be a computer geek.
recently, i evaluated a network at a grade school. i had seventh grade students coming up to me asking me about hacking. i admit, i was pretty shocked. well, shocked, yet it didn't take long to sink in. sorry to proceed off on a tangent about hacking, but i'm clearly going to. hacking is becoming way too trendy. it's considered "cool" to be a technical geek, therefore, if i can somehow manipulate technology without authority (hacking), i'm the "coolest" kid on the block. but, i don't think that half of these kids would know what to do if i asked them to change an administrator password on a windows box without administrative privledges. to go a little further, if you are in fact a hacker, then why the hell would you announce it?
i recently purchased a couple of CDs that i wanted a co-worker to hear. so, she got really siked when i showed them to her and asked if she could burn a copy. (i sort of have this rule that i'll burn it, but if you like it....you should buy it.) anyway, so i told her that i already ripped it and threw it on her computer in a folder that i created. she laughed and laughed because she expected nothing less from me, accessing her laptop and whatnot. so, my question is.....does that make me a hacker? sure does. the term has been so dumbified that it can mean the most simple thing these days. so, as if this simple form of "hacking" wasn't enough...here comes their own way of communication called "leetspeak"....silly silly. i personally ignore it. maybe it'll just go away or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom