Whats so great about FEAR??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, BF2 is an amazingly fun game if you play it right. You can choose to be a Lone Wolf if you want to, but bear in mind the games' more 'realistic' metrics mean that traditional Quake-style FPS shoot-outs can be tricky at times: you can't sprint while strafing.

I don't have a mic/headset, but it's one of the most rewarding MP games I've played in a long time, at least in the FPS realm (don't play MMORPG's).

HAVOC2k5 said:
Am i going to have problems playing D3, HL2, FARCRY, BF2 and F.E.A.R on my Commodore 64???

Nah, most of them will run fine at average settings. I woudl disable AA for Doom 3, though and you'll be fine.

Yeah, and BF2 and FEAR are system hogs. So expect around 60 FPS with 2xaa and 4xaf with both

DX9 makes it look quite a bit crisper, especially reflections, but HL2's water does beat out far crys....the thing that just really sucked in HL2 was the fire...that was just a joke

Hmmm. I always thought HL2's water was, although life-like, a little static, i.e Far Cry's water shader had a nice particle emmiter on the edge of the bumpmap that gave the appearance of waves washing up on the shore, as if the tide was coming in/out...

also a thing that looked ridiculous was those bubbles when diving in far cry

im waiting for Oblivion and when it comes out, im gonna hafta upgrade my old vid card. if the game is as good and beautiful as it's supposed to be, i'll prolly have to quit my job and move permanently there.

Heyyo,

FEAR is a particle effects orgy. The best I've seen inna fps. If you can't put the particle effects to full? then you're missing the best part to FEAR bigtime. The other settings don't do nearly as fancy stuff. Once you're inna big gun fight and everything's going insane? it's awesome. One thing I do wish is that you had more health and bigger ammo counts, then the gunfights would be soooo much more fun... I'd soo do that for mp, lmao, be soo much fun. :)

Now, for ATI cards? yeah, the demo ran like shit on my 9600 pro. I recently just got hold of a 6600GT, and the demo's awesome with it. One big pro I give to this game is you always see your legs. Soo many fps's don't have them. The last one I can remember was chronicles of rid****, and before that? Tribes 2. I dunno, I just love watching my character's feet shuffling when no enemy's are around of course. :p

Now, for the bobbing when running? I like that, it's realistic, you tried jogging around? you definately don't stay the same level perfectly. Most other games just do bobbing weapons while running like the ut series, but to me it's just not as good as a full body bob with gun as well. But you guys seem to be more used to the classic style of just weapon bob at the most, so that's probably why the screen bob as well throws you guys off.

Now, the ai's pretty good, definately smarter than D3. They're not too predictable, they tend to try different things on me. Sometimes they'll jump over low barriers, or swarm through the side passage, so that's nice.

I'll probably buy the game, sp seems like I'd be fun. :)

the AI in FEAR has tricked me a few times..mind you this is on like 'easy' level lol....that area where you go down the stairs and theres like 2 or 3 guys in the office...I rushed there with slow-mo tossed a grenade in, then went around the door and blasted through the window with the shotgun, ran back around the corner to blast through the other window and a fugger had jumped out the window and started shooting me....I completely forgot they did stuff like that...wasn't expecting him to be outside the window like that at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom