What You've Just Bought!

Not an issue with the OS - that's a cell carrier thing. Used to be that way on old flip phones as well. All depends on your carrier limits in regards to how much can be sent via text.

As for texting app, I use YAATA on Android.
It's not text limit, it's how they handle the transition to MMS after passing the 160 character limit for SMS.

We use Hangouts and are on Cricket. No problems like that here.

You use it as your default messaging app? So if my friend on iPhone sends me a 3 paragraph message and I open it with hangouts you don't think I'll have the issue of it splitting into 10 different messages?

And PP if that's the case should I call up cricket? This is not a new number and it use to be on a flip phone 5 years ago, maybe they [sprint,cricket] didn't change the settings when I transferred it to a smartphone?

You use it as your default messaging app? So if my friend on iPhone sends me a 3 paragraph message and I open it with hangouts you don't think I'll have the issue of it splitting into 10 different messages?

And PP if that's the case should I call up cricket? This is not a new number and it use to be on a flip phone 5 years ago, maybe they [sprint,cricket] didn't change the settings when I transferred it to a smartphone?
That shouldn't matter at all. I think it's just your service tbh, because I have an iPhone and we don't have an issue with group chats between iPhone and android users in default texting apps. I'm with T-Mobile, one dude on Verzion, the others on AT&T.

Well again... Thank you Trotter. I am becoming more and more impressed by this phone. I haven't gone completely nuts and rooted it or even grabbed nova launcher yet, but even vanilla It a TON better than the V10.

I may pick your brain in the near future about it if I can't figure it out. :p

Well again... Thank you Trotter. I am becoming more and more impressed by this phone. I haven't gone completely nuts and rooted it or even grabbed nova launcher yet, but even vanilla It a TON better than the V10.

I may pick your brain in the near future about it if I can't figure it out. :p

Glad to hear it. I haven't unlocked/rooted mine either. I have no real complaints about it. I do wish it allowed me to change my locker but it isn't a big issue, just one of preference. I don't really play any games on mine so I don't know just how well it would do (with a SD820 it should perform super) but I am loving the battery life.

Just bought and sent birthday cards for a couple of my mates over over in the States using my phone while slobbing on the sofa...even managed to use my own handwriting for that personal touch using this website https://www.blowbirthdaycards.com/ yes, I am lazy but it is the thought that counts ;)

Back
Top Bottom