What You've Just Bought!

I'm very surprised at how many of you have phones other than the iPhone and Galaxy, was expecting less. I saw the Axon 7 at my local best buy store and it definitely felt like a premium phone. My budget was $250 so the Honor 6x was perfect. I know there was some discussion about OS support etc, that definitely seems like a con when looking at these phones. Thankfully I checked to make sure my 6x has the 7.0 update releasing soon so at least this thing has a year of updated use!

Bought a new mattress on amazon, and a quality microfiber sheet to go with it. For some reason I thought mattress' cost a bunch of cash, but I guess not. How are your beds?
I only have an iPhone due to a long story, but I'm glad it happened honestly.

We've had a whole range of smartphones come through IT for the past several years that we issue to employees. And tbh I havn't really found any budget smartphone that i'd be happy to use myself. They seem okay fresh out the box, then you use them for a while and can't wait to get back to a top of the line smartphone like a Galaxy S7 again or whatever. Maybe that's just me.

It's just the little things, like mediocre screens, or slightly laggy performance, slow focusing cameras etc

I'm very surprised at how many of you have phones other than the iPhone and Galaxy, was expecting less. I saw the Axon 7 at my local best buy store and it definitely felt like a premium phone. My budget was $250 so the Honor 6x was perfect. I know there was some discussion about OS support etc, that definitely seems like a con when looking at these phones. Thankfully I checked to make sure my 6x has the 7.0 update releasing soon so at least this thing has a year of updated use!

Bought a new mattress on amazon, and a quality microfiber sheet to go with it. For some reason I thought mattress' cost a bunch of cash, but I guess not. How are your beds?

Personally i would love to have another iphone but i hate itunes and i hate the layout of the os. My ocd goes crazy.

Ive had every galaxy from 1-6 and then switched tot he nexus 6p and fell in love with it, currently saving for the pixel xl.

Personally i would love to have another iphone but i hate itunes and i hate the layout of the os. My ocd goes crazy.

Ive had every galaxy from 1-6 and then switched tot he nexus 6p and fell in love with it, currently saving for the pixel xl.
You don't need iTunes at all to operate an iPhone. I have never used it ever.

^ Yeah it hasn't been needed for quite a while. iCloud actually works alright 90% of the time :tongue:

You don't need iTunes at all to operate an iPhone. I have never used it ever.

hmm didnt know that.

Even so I still cant get past the os and interface.

plus it seems to me jailbreaking has almost died out, like you have to not update for almost a year to hope that one comes out.

Rooting and flashing an android is just so easy.

Not hating on the iphone its an amazing phone just not for me.

hmm didnt know that.

Even so I still cant get past the os and interface.

plus it seems to me jailbreaking has almost died out, like you have to not update for almost a year to hope that one comes out.

Rooting and flashing an android is just so easy.

Not hating on the iphone its an amazing phone just not for me.
I didn't like it at first either. For me when I got mine it was like learning Android for the first time and it was frustrating to do basic tasks. That's usual like with all new things. When I got my first PS4 I had no idea how to do **** and was constantly asking instead of just knowing like on PC or Xbox. The OS itself though is extremely efficient and makes Android look like a snail even with all the extra horsepower those phones have. It makes jailbreaking almost pointless unless you just absolutely want to customize certain aspects of the UI or install pirated software. Thing is to me with a phone it's a device I use to text and text lol. I don't need anything but it to be fast and reliable. A lot of people I know root an Android device just to take off the bloat and get some basic speed improvements. Over time they still get slow and it's annoying. With the iPhone I've never had that no matter how many apps I have running and I've restarted a total of 2 times since I got it minus OS updates. I hated it at first, but in the end I started to love the phone. :lol:

Thing is to me with a phone it's a device I use to text and text lol.

Android isn't great at texting at all!!! Between my Galaxy S5, LG X power, Honor 6X, and Sprint + Cricket Wireless, all long texts you receive get broken up into a bunch of smaller texts, and aren't received in order which is ****ing annoying as hell. The only common thing between those phone is Android, whether it be 5.0 or 6.0. I can't find a way to fix it either even after trying a different messaging app. + group chats can be buggy, and images have trouble downloading if at all - really sucks when your friend is sending you a meme or something.

THIS IS A CRY FOR HELP: have any of you had this issue? It gets really bad when the person sends a huge message and it splits up into 8 different individual messages, and then if they send another it mixes even more!
Screenshot_LI.jpg

Android isn't great at texting at all!!! Between my Galaxy S5, LG X power, Honor 6X, and Sprint + Cricket Wireless, all long texts you receive get broken up into a bunch of smaller texts, and aren't received in order which is ****ing annoying as hell. The only common thing between those phone is Android, whether it be 5.0 or 6.0. I can't find a way to fix it either even after trying a different messaging app. + group chats can be buggy, and images have trouble downloading if at all - really sucks when your friend is sending you a meme or something.

THIS IS A CRY FOR HELP: have any of you had this issue? It gets really bad when the person sends a huge message and it splits up into 8 different individual messages, and then if they send another it mixes even more!
View attachment 7966

Not an issue with the OS - that's a cell carrier thing. Used to be that way on old flip phones as well. All depends on your carrier limits in regards to how much can be sent via text.

As for texting app, I use YAATA on Android.

Back
Top Bottom