What You've Just Bought!

I'd advise msot people to wait until HTC Vive 2. Just because from everything thats been officially said, and stuff that leaked from Facebook, it'll be end of 2018 or 2019 until the Oculus Rift 2 arrives. Oculus don't care for hardware profit, and they'll be looking to considerbly improve every aspect of Rift 1 and introduce a load of new features. They'll take their sweet time.

I really don't see HTC playing that kind of long game. If they think they can release marginal upgrades to the Vive each year (and they can) then I am betting that is what they will do. So the HTC Vive 2 will probably arrive late 2017. Even if all it does is bump up the screen resolution (which is practically a certainty) then it'll go a long way to resolving the biggest issue with these Gen1 headsets.

I wonder how they'll do game reviews.
It won't feel or be the same.
It's good that they won't be doing an upgrade every year.
I feel like phone makers should do the same, take a break.

Just bought plane tickets to Orlando
Going to take the wifey to Magical Kingdom, Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.
She's been working her butt off for a while and deserves a break.
I have family there so no need to spend on a hotel which will be nice

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Bought an iPhone 5s that actually works this time! Won't arrive till Friday but I'm keen to get switched over :D

Also subscribed to CuriosityStream and Spotify and cancelled my Netflix subscription. Netflix is goin down hill, and CuriosityStream is half the price, so why not I figured. So far loving the decision!

Bought an iPhone 5s that actually works this time! Won't arrive till Friday but I'm keen to get switched over :D

Also subscribed to CuriosityStream and Spotify and cancelled my Netflix subscription. Netflix is goin down hill, and CuriosityStream is half the price, so why not I figured. So far loving the decision!

Seems like the kind of company that will just be acquired by either Amazon or Netflix and integrated into their services :p

I'm waiting for a 4k projector priced under $2,000 to appear :p

Bought a jigsaw for $10 at a garage sale, gonna get jiggy tonight with it.

I'm waiting for a 4k projector priced under $2,000 to appear :p

Bought a jigsaw for $10 at a garage sale, gonna get jiggy tonight with it.

Me too. Do want a 4K projector. But it's going to a long time coming. You have more chance of a 4K capable Magic Leap or Hololens coming out first in sunglasses form factor :p

Be waiting a while. The ones I saw still weren't actually 4k.

This.

Be waiting a while. The ones I saw still weren't actually 4k.

I know, I'm prepared to stick with plain ol' 1080p for a while. Most of my content is still just 720p :/ until I actually get even a single 4k file I don't think I'll be too fussed lol

You have more chance of a 4K capable Magic Leap or Hololens coming out first in sunglasses form factor

I don't want a 4k projector just so I can have a 4k display though - if that's all I wanted then I'd go buy a sub-50" 4k display right now. I want 4k on my 120" movie screen! Especially at that size it'll be a good investment over 1080p I think

Back
Top Bottom