What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

I do that too often. ^^^

kmanmx
Is it possible to get the same download speed through wireless as it is wired ? I have a feeling my wireless router isn't much good, its 2 or 3 year old D-Link, only has one small antenna. You get pretty much the same speed as wired when your within about 5 meters and no walls.. but i live at the other end of the house. My iphone/ipad only have 1 or 2 bars, and my imac manages to get full bars most of the time but the download rate ranges from 200kbps to 250, yet my wired PC gets 330kbps.​

I get the same DL wired and wireless. I have a 300N Belkin Router and a 300N+ Netgear Wireless Adapter.

All in all it depends on your gear.

Also on your isp speed..... If youre only gettig 6mbps fro them, having a 100mbps router is not gonna speed your d/l.

Of course. But im not even getting 3mb with my isp lol.
I was more thinking routers with stronger wifi signals will offer download speeds closer to my wired connection at a further distance.. i hope.

Also on your isp speed..... If youre only gettig 6mbps fro them, having a 100mbps router is not gonna speed your d/l.
Ya ISP speed doesn't change the question. He wants to know, with the ISP he's got, if he can get the same network speed from wireless as wired.

I must have godly internet if everyone is talking in the 10s and lower. o_O

If all was free in the world would you still choose a TV over a Projector ?

Depends...me personally, I haven't been too impressed with the viewing quality of a projector in anything else besides darkness. Since I like ambient light during the day, I can't imagine a projector would be good for me.

Though I will say I haven't seen much of recent projector technology, do they have the same issues as they used to?

They'll still be washed out in bright ambient light, but image quality is no problem in a dim room. You can get really sharp images. Setting up the back shed as my movie room is one of the most awesome mods I've done to the house, completely worth it. Epic screen size, epic quality, epic surround sound. You'd never wanna watch something on a TV again

You know u can customize all the parts in that iMac? iFixit.com should that it is possible.

:( http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2011/05/you-cant-upgrade-the-hard-drive-in-the-new-imacs/#more-452004

Well, once I buy a house, I may do something like that...until then, I like my TV. You got to realize, I had a 20" SD TV for 7 years until about 6 months ago, so I'm slowly working my way up the quality scale. Right now my main issue is my current TV is a bit too small for the living room and the distance I sit away from it, I'm not too worried about a projector, lol.

Back
Top Bottom