What You've Just Bought!

The only people I see loving Linux are super nerds. Never worked at any sensible enterprise that even considered going fully Linux for their users despite obvious cost benefits. It's just a pain in the ass to use compared to Windows to be honest. It's all well and good as a back end for IT infrastructure or whatever but it's honestly firmly in the disaster category for end user experience.
Yea, that's what I was insinuating at. Just over the hurr durr Microshit mumbo jumbo.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...kduckgo-reject-googles-floc-ad-tracking-tech/
I have no idea why anybody would use a known advertising company for their browser. They $$sell you out$$ and they do not hide that fact.
I've been saying that for over 10 years since Android started becoming popular. Here's another thing people need to learn to live with.

If you have one of these things, you're being tracked for data:
An active internet connection (or computer connected to the internet)
A cell phone
A modern vehicle
A TV plan or cable/dish
A media subscription
Amazon Prime or any etailer purchases
A major grocery store you shop in
A registered weapon
A voter ID/Registered to vote in the US
Use any major gas station for fueling
Use toll roads
Use any camera monitored roads (popular highways, streets)
A criminal record
Any federal/state accepted bank, credit union, whatever
Social Security, retirement, or unemployment
A smart meter on either your power or water
Pass through any red light/speeding cameras (breaking the law or not)

I had a lot more when I was in the shower but you get the gist. The problem is, over a decade ago people encouraged more technology fueled systems under the idiocy umbrella statement "I have nothing to hide" so now we have those people to thank for being tagged and tracked like domesticated animals. All in the name of advertisement and data analytics. Since it's illegal in the states to properly go off the grid, it's illegal to not be tagged and bagged for ads in any capacity. That being said, if somebody offers a better solution for my browsing needs I'll gladly try it, until then I'll continue waiting until I can properly ditch Chrome. Not like Edge isn't any better in the tracking, but at least for a while it was more stable and significantly faster than Chrome.

I have been using Mozilla before Firefox existed. I first found out about Mozilla when I was experimenting with linux (2002) but then Mozilla came out with Firefox. At first I did not want Firefox, but then I eventually switched from my Mozilla browser to Firefox and I've been happy with this option. Not using Google Chrome or M$ Chrome either. I tried Duck Duck Go and played with using Epic browser too. They are not bad but I still prefer FF (I still have Duck Duck Go and Epic browsers on my pc)
I agree. In 2021 there is a lot of tracking going on, but I'll try to reduce it as much as I possibly can, whenever I can

Last edited:
Well, I don't really like it but it finally took my Passkey for the windows. Seems to be behaving a bit now. I was finally able to get my back up drive to work. It was confused with the dvd burner. They were Both D: drive Moved the dvd to E: and things started to work right. I also had a issue with Google chrome, but fixed that too.

Chrome isn't great but way better than edge. I have thought of using Firefox but doing all the transferring of my bookmarks and all the passwords too, are not my things of fun to do.
And then banks and credit cards that wouldn't maybe see its me. New email address. Thats another whole story.. Its just more fun than i want to have. I started using Chrome back when we were still using explorer and Yahoo. A long, long time ago!!

I have been using Mozilla before Firefox existed. I first found out about Mozilla when I was experimenting with linux (2002) but then Mozilla came out with Firefox. At first I did not want Firefox, but then I eventually switched from my Mozilla browser to Firefox and I've been happy with this option. Not using Google Chrome or M$ Chrome either. I tried Duck Duck Go and played with using Epic browser too. They are not bad but I still prefer FF (I still have Duck Duck Go and Epic browsers on my pc)
I agree. In 2021 there is a lot of tracking going on, but I'll try to reduce it as much as I possibly can, whenever I can
I found Mozilla in 2002 as well, I used it for many years. Hell I think I moved to Chrome in uhhh 2012? I moved back and forth a lot until I got comfortable using their other products which helped greatly when the sync came about (as I used to format a TON back in the day). Being a Gmail user since beta it just made sense, and after a while Firefox was making moves I didn't quite agree with which at the time made Google look good. Now it's reversed but it is what it is as I started using Android phones in 2010 with the Galaxy S so they already have info on me.

yeah i know. Same here. Forget what galaxy phone Deb has. I have a S-3 tablet Android on both of them. The phone has been replaces 2 or 3 times in the last ten years. I only have the tablet. I hate phones.

I just bought this contraption: Snapmaker 2.0. I already have a 3D printer but wanted to add laser engraving and CNC cutting to my shop. It arrived this afternoon and I put it together and did a test print with the 3D print module. Tomorrow I will test out the laser engraving module.

Back
Top Bottom