What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Bought a new knife. Can't stand going without one :tongue:
Kershaw Ken Onion Leek

Nice. I got one of these probably 3 years ago now: http://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-Deli...432244861&sr=1-1&keywords=spyderco+delica+zdp

Absolutely love it. The version with the ZDP 189 steel is immense, I don't have any other knife with such good edge retention other than my ceramic one, and that's including several $150+ kitchen knives.

I've used it to carve wood, plastic, cut thick cables, carpet etc. All that kind of stuff. I even stabbed it through a can of beans and cut it open once - pretty sure metal on metal is really bad for blades :p The blade is still very sharp to this day and hasn't been sharpened once. The steel is extremely hard and yet doesn't seem particularly brittle either, you can bend it a fair bit.

Phone came in today. I am very excited. I have it currently updating/downloading my apps as well as topping off the battery. Sorry for the quality of the pics but I was using my backup phone.

Attachments

• IMG_20150521_165922[1].jpg
    IMG_20150521_165922[1].jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20150521_170435[1].jpg
    IMG_20150521_170435[1].jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20150521_170531[1].jpg
    IMG_20150521_170531[1].jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 3

Nice. I got one of these probably 3 years ago now: Amazon.com : Spyderco Delica 4 Green ZDP-189 Folding Knife : Hunting Knives : Sports & Outdoors

Absolutely love it. The version with the ZDP 189 steel is immense, I don't have any other knife with such good edge retention other than my ceramic one, and that's including several $150+ kitchen knives.

I've used it to carve wood, plastic, cut thick cables, carpet etc. All that kind of stuff. I even stabbed it through a can of beans and cut it open once - pretty sure metal on metal is really bad for blades :p The blade is still very sharp to this day and hasn't been sharpened once. The steel is extremely hard and yet doesn't seem particularly brittle either, you can bend it a fair bit.

I looked at the Spyderco's... I just hate how they look :tongue:

I looked at the Spyderco's... I just hate how they look :tongue:

Funnily enough so did I. The Delica looks really oddly proportioned. I nearly didn't buy one.

I find they look better in person though, the knife is also very ergonomic and has one of the best grips i've came across. It's a really grippy, tough, hard wearing nylon type plastic. You know that expensive tough feeling kind of plastic ? it's basically that.

I sit at my desk just flicking the knife out constantly, as you can just do it with your thumb. It's seriously addictive :p I can't quite figure out how they made the locking mechanism so strong, but it doesn't budge even half a millimeter even when applying a lot of force right on the tip of the blade.

After owning both Gerber and Leatherman (and Victorinox and now Kershaw)... I have to say, Kershaw and Victorinox are much better quality blades. My last Leatherman was pretty bad, and that one was $100 :tongue:

You know what it is rite. I'm sitting hear and I am absolutely F****** furious with my self. P***** off is not the word. I have been digging around my hardware after Joes Comment and Posting in the Upgrades Thread and I have a duel core system (I know its not high end like most folk on hear) with PCIe x16, and I've been running an old Athlon system as my main rig with everything else folding over the network.

I can easy buy a GPU and install it and been looking for a Budget System for Months. It turn out for folding I all ready have all the stuff but just need to buy a decent GPU instead of putting together a whole new branded system.

Thanks for the Push Joe; seriously I'm not being nasty because I have just saved a new system and with a GPU it will be at least x10 the power of my current network. :D :cool:

$40+ dollars for a pocket knife???
I got this one recently and it's served me very well so far, cuts anything and keeps it's edge
Paraframe Mini - Stainless, Serrated

If you like to spend $$$$... then please adopt me

You can spend a lot of money on knives. Some of the more exotic alloys they use to make knife blades can be very expensive just in terms of material costs. Then because of the resulting properties of the blade, they become very expensive to manufacture and work with relative to normal steel blades you'll get on a knife from a supermarket.

I'm not saying they don't make good profits on expensive pocket knives, I am sure they do. But you do get what you pay for. The more money you pay the better the steel they use and the more you can depend on the knife if you rely on it for survival, in hunting situations, or merely as a reliable craft tool that's going to last many many years.

Back
Top Bottom