what your car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mac_mogul said:
Well...... lol Not quite. :p

4 wheel drive (4WD) means that there is a transfer case that allows the driver to switch between 2wd and 4wd. This is commonly seen on Trucks.

All wheel drive (AWD) is typically seen in cars. It means that all four wheels get power at all times.

:)

is 4x4 the same as all whell drive cause my jeep doesnt have an option to go to 2wd but im pretty sure its 4 wheel drive.

Well....... I've always been critical about automobiles and its always good to be informed right!? :D
Its not an obsession! Nobody said anything about obsession!:freak:

Edit: 4x4 = AWD, but I'm pretty sure there is something to do with having High and Low gears... ARGH I'll have to go check or I will never sleep! :mad: lol

NO... you were right. 4x4 is switchable and can only be used in low gears. Trucks normally dont need to switch to low gears because of their torque... they have enough torque to move all 4 wheels without going into low gear.

AWD is permanent and cannot be switched by the driver. You do not have to be in any special gear... its basically constant 4x4 for anything but trucks.

NewCents05 said:
yeah really that and the impreza wrx are 2 fast *** cars.
mac_mogul said:
Actually, I think the Lancer EVO is rated at 276hp for insurance reasons. The actual wheel horsepower is around 300. The new STi WRX is also rated around 300hp.
OMG, I LOVE WRX's!!!!!!!! the WRX STI is tied with the BMW M3 GTR as my all time favorite car.

BEHOLD!

w03.jpg

BMW%20M3%20GTR%20volando%20con%20fogonazo.jpg

Ohhh Yeahhhh!!!!! :cool: :D

Ehhhhhh I'm really not a big fan of Subaru's new design. The B9 Tribeca is a BAAAD design to work off of :mad: But oh well... I'm accustomed to the edgy lines of my Mustang and curves just aren't my thing I guess :confused:

i dont like the 06 STi...i have the 00 STi...and i raced my friend down at the drags.....00 STi wins....and he is a good driver as well so thats not the problem...they are way to heavy

mac_mogul said:
Ehhhhhh I'm really not a big fan of Subaru's new design. The B9 Tribeca is a BAAAD design to work off of :mad: But oh well... I'm accustomed to the edgy lines of my Mustang and curves just aren't my thing I guess :confused:

The new subaru is actually based off Alfa Romeo because Alfa Romeo owns most (if not all) of Subaru now.

I grew to like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom