What religion do you follow??

yes, I was wondering that. Thomas Jefferson was one. If I am correct, they believe that God set up the world/universe to run, but no longer plays an active roll in it.

From what I know, this Deism that you speak of it's very widely known/practiced... MOST of the religions in the poll are widespread... You can only post so many options in a poll (10)

Muslim and Islam are both on there, when really only Islam is. I think deism may be more widely practiced than you think it is.

Deism is someone who believes there is a God, the world started and they believe that God created it then just walked away, I have heard of Deism, but I don't think its that common...

to quote Hyde for "that 70's show"

"Although I respect the Judeo-Christian ethic, as well as the Eastern philosophies, and of course the teachings of Muhammad, I find that organized religion has corrupted those beliefs to justify countless atrocities throughout the ages."

although im catholic, but i find organized religion takes away from the personal experience one must have to connect to a higher power. More often people connect to this "higher power" through becoming at ease with their surroundings and make peace with their own personal surroundings. This occurs to many people when they are in nature, or in solitude..

also my the priest discouraged me from going to church...he said something about sleeping is frowned upon in church, and it disgraces God...but man those were some of the best naps, the incense, low lighting and soft music :)

Back
Top Bottom