What i have

Well, it was the second next board after the board I gave you. At first it was the Sandy Bridge CPU, the i3 and while using the i3 system I built my Ivy Bridge i5 system piece by piece which I'm using now.

Yep, I hope its awhile before i have to do anything else to this computer. Am enjoying the hell out of it!! If it keeps up like this i may never switch to 4 core CPU!! Plenty fast enough for me.

My i3 was plenty fast that I didn't need the i5 but I was curious. The i5 kicks though.

Oh I just remembered. I built my i3 system on a budget and planned to build an i5 system with better parts for durability.

Last edited:
This one was on the cheap but is a strong computer. The Asus board has good reviews and so does the CPU. The HD is ok and the PSU is super. My old disc drives still work good. I will replace one of them to a sata drive but i am going to loose one of them. Not like i need them both anyway. I have two older drives from i think my Pentium4 days and this one from my last build. Its a 28X but i think they make them faster now. This one is a LG. Will do everything but blueray. Still fast enough for me.

You hang on to that PSU. If you built a better system put that in. :thumb:

I kept my i3 system because not only it's a good build but also parts to keep my i5 system going. I don't need anything newer or faster unless it's free. :D

And researches pays off. You just have to know how to read between the lines.

Just my dvd drives are pata/ide. everything else is sata. I also don't let the ribbon cable stay flat, I twist them so they are not as big as they could be. Not tight mind you but they are a smaller footprint so as not to block air in the cabinet. Everything else is new, the dvd drives are the only thing left over from my last build. I have three drives and two are old. i only use one of the old drives the other one is about 5 years old. It a LG and can handle cd r rw, dvd +-r,rw discs My next drive will handle blueray.

I also don't let the ribbon cable stay flat, I twist them so they are not as big as they could be. Not tight mind you but they are a smaller footprint so as not to block air in the cabinet.

Hah, I'd never thought of that.

Back
Top Bottom