What i have

Of course it's a great PSU. It's made by Seasonic, one of the best makers.

Mine a Seasonic M12II-520.

That is a good link. Thanks for that. This PSU has something i never saw in the other PSU.s i have had. this unit has three 12V+ lines. And One fan circuit that controls case fans. I have three fans on that circuit. Two other fans on the board fan circuit and two other fans on the CPU. It may be overkill but the cooler the circuits are the longer the components last. 650 watts should be more than enough even when i upgrade to a 4 core and higher ram. Thats down the road a bit.

i'm assuming the separate 12v lines are for high draw components like GPUs. So the wiring doesn't get burned up by high current draw, they're separated so you can have 1 for the motherboard, and two separate ones for something like a 1080 or the new vega that require separate 12v rails. Some of those beasts can hit like 400watts (35amps) peak, which is probably too much for a single rail.

Just never saw a power supply with fan plugs! I don't know if that is special to this PSU or If this is the way newer PSU's are. This has three different 12v+ so i thought maybe one was used for that. Doesn't say how many fans you can hook up. It just says that the fan circuit controls fan speed to help keep down noise and cooling as needed. All i know is its quiet! I am just not up to date on new stuff.

Back
Top Bottom