What do you guys think of paypal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
I've been using paypal.com for more than 8 years now.
I never really had any major problems with them down there except maybe overdraft problems they have created within the past 2 years.
I don't sell anything on ebay.com or buy very little from paypal's shopping sites because the occasional **** up by paypal.com and usually I have to force them to see they made a mistake.
I know that millions of other people use paypal, about 60% hate them to no end!
Usually it has to do with how paypal.com gives payments to all type of sellers including ebay.com
My point, I'm fine with paypal.com if they no what they are doing and can fix a problem with less than 3 phone calls or 1 email.
If you look at this site and that very last page, if you know how to talk to paypal.com nicely and get them to put a supervisor on the phone usually your problems will end almost immediatley, granted you have your facts and evidence straight.

http://www.paypalwarning.com/paypal_wall_of_shame__25

I like to know what your experiences are like with paypal.com, wether it be good or ugly....

I use it as little as possible. Even the "free" account has started charging fees for transfers.

my (well my dads, actually) ebay feedback has 130 positive comments so i guess that means 130 paypal transactions and they all went perfectly fine.

So yeh, they're great.

I use it all the time to buy stuff and don't have any problems. We also used it for CC processing for a while and it was smooth. Their fees weren't that much more than other CC processing companies either, but access was everywhere (Virtual Terminal).

I have never had a problem using paypal. That is how I use to pay for stuff I buy off of newegg.com.

The only thing I don't like is alot of people on ebay require a confirmed paypal shipping address. And in order to have a confirmed address, you have to set up the account where it takes the funds directly out of your bank account instead of a credit or debit card.

I started to use it to sell mmorpg characters about 8 or 9 years ago...haven't had any problems in that time frame. However, I haven't used paypal for anything other than ebay the last year and a half or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom