What do you guys think of paypal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only for Ebay purchases and when Direct Deposit is not an option.

I remember a few years back, I was trying to sell my PS2 on a forum. It annoyied both me and they buyer that we had to wait about 10 days for $150 to clear. Like the buyer was very understanding that i was not going send goods with out funds cleared. And I did remember the buyer commenting to me that if he new this BS was going to happen, he would of simply DDed me instead.

It will only do that if there's no backup funding source available. All he had to do was add a CC or something as a backup source.

It will only do that if there's no backup funding source available. All he had to do was add a CC or something as a backup source.

Do you have to add a checking or savings account to get a confirmed address for ebay? My dad wants to setup a paypal account for ebay but he does not feel safe having the funds come directly out of the account.

I've been using paypal frequently for the last few years, we have a home business/hobby of buying bulk lots of unsorted lego and making/selling sets out of that. Meaning we use paypal a LOT.
We've had two issues overall, nothing major, but both were resolved quickly. So yeah, I guess I'm saying paypal ftw!

Do you have to add a checking or savings account to get a confirmed address for ebay? My dad wants to setup a paypal account for ebay but he does not feel safe having the funds come directly out of the account.

Most of the time yes, if you want to buy on ebay.com using paypal, they will require a comfirmed address with some or maybe all types of banking funding.
Thing is though tell him to add his bank account first, they will deposit 30 cents in his account, he checks it verifies it's mr chupacapra (HIM) and then shortly he can begin using ebay.
He can add a master or visa card to payoal.com and in his profile he can set it up for the funds to come off his credit card and not checking account.

The only problem you 2 might have with this, if paypal.com see's no money in CC they will go directly to the bank account.
When they can't get any funding from there after trying and doing a over draft fees on your bank account thats where **** starts to happen and paypal.com starts getting ugly about their money.

Still though my suggestion to your question should help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom