Volvo's Geek Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't say I would ever want a car like that. It's ugly first off, and then having everything be a touchscreen would be a pain while driving. Not a fan at all.

I can't say I would ever want a car like that. It's ugly first off, and then having everything be a touchscreen would be a pain while driving. Not a fan at all.

The outside of the car is pretty ugly, i was more interested in the interior. And i'm pretty sure everyone said touchscreen phones would be aweful as well ;) we all know what happened there.

Anyway, tough luck. It's pretty inevitable most cars are going to end up like that.

Not a fan of Volvo's.

Reasons ?

I like that you can adjust everything via a touch screen rather than dealing with messy dials for everything. I'm more looking to the sound settings than anything, having a button for fader, balance, bass, treble sucks, being able to adjust all those settings super easily, is bomb.

Also trotter, take a ride in my s80 sometime and you'll be a convert. It's like a Buick, comfy, smooth ride, massive, BUT it's got a straight 6 putting out 230hp so it's got some zip, handles really well for a 2 ton mammoth, and a real nice stock sound system.

The s40 is the corolla/accord of their line-up, not really much going there, the new s60 is a step up from what they've had in years past, and then the xc 70 / xc90 are nice SUV's, but all their cars are a smidge more expensive than any other counter parts. I wish they weren't made by GM tho :/

I like that you can adjust everything via a touch screen rather than dealing with messy dials for everything. I'm more looking to the sound settings than anything, having a button for fader, balance, bass, treble sucks, being able to adjust all those settings super easily, is bomb.

Also trotter, take a ride in my s80 sometime and you'll be a convert. It's like a Buick, comfy, smooth ride, massive, BUT it's got a straight 6 putting out 230hp so it's got some zip, handles really well for a 2 ton mammoth, and a real nice stock sound system.

The s40 is the corolla/accord of their line-up, not really much going there, the new s60 is a step up from what they've had in years past, and then the xc 70 / xc90 are nice SUV's, but all their cars are a smidge more expensive than any other counter parts. I wish they weren't made by GM tho :/

Oh you had an S80 too.. that was my dads old car, the T5 version. That thing flew. It was deceptive, it looks like a slow hunk of metal. And yeah, the sound system is pretty nice - and the seats are divine :)

I put a new deck in it, the stock one was **** so I got a new one put in which was a ***** to do, but it made the whole system a whole lot better. I've just got the 2.9L one, from 2000, but from what I hear and the specs the t5/t6 would really go for it. The only problem is I hear the drive train is the equivalent of a twig.. That and the electrical is going on my car which is a total bummer.

Reasons ?

I have never cared for the styling of Volvo. The closest thing (to me) was the one they brought out with the movie The Saint... S-something. That along with how if something goes wrong witht he car it usually becomes a major ordeal and costs a small fortune to fix if you ever get it completely fixed.

Just call it personal opinion.

This. Having such a complicated setup like that means people will be paying attention to the screen more than their driving. They don't mean it to be, but this is the truth. Most people can't even play with their radio over here without swerving everywhere. If it was computerized and took voice control well I think it would be better than gesture recognition.

Then you have the fact that it's ugly. I'll stick with my 68 Mustang, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom