$$$$$ video courses $$$$$

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
so, on my last post, this little idea popped into my head. i have no idea if such a thing exists, since i have never seen such a thing marketed. the idea i had was for video educational courses, geared for people who know very little on how to use various electronics. there has to be several million of older folks, and many more young ones, that have limited to no knowledge on how to use electronics. myself and my daughter included. i am near 60, and she is only 11. but remarkably, our electronics education level is fairly close. which would be somewhere between advanced beginner, and just enough to get into trouble. if there is something like that on the market, please let me know, i would have to find a way to buy at least some of it for her and i. and if not, there you go, the next "Bill Gates" idea is your for the taking.

Whatever topic/subject/tips/tricks you are looking for can be found on youtube my friend. My father went from being a step above a caveman when it came to computer knowledge to as educated as I am with a degree in IT.

Go to youtube and search for computer/pc course or a specific operating system and you will find many options.

Just thought I'd give you a strong suggestion. Google and Youtube can be your best friend.

A lot of colleges offer free ebooks and free courses on technology. Not only that, but there are sites like Udemy.com out there that offer a host of paid lectures that are really good as well. You can legitimately learn almost anything on the Internet if you use the right tools and the right web sites.

CBT nuggets is a key place for IT vids... youtube.. and all IT educational places have there own videos or third party vids. Sorry to burst your bubble :cool:

Sorry to burst your bubble :cool:

no bubble bursting here. i am happy to learn about places that we can learn. i do not mind asking legitimate questions on forums. but i do not feel that i should burden folks with every little question that comes my way. keep the places coming that we can learn from. the more we learn there, the less we will have to pester you guys and gals for "dumb" answers. its just tough to learn, when you dont know where to go to get the information. // i will have to check with our local college again. i asked a couple of years ago, and at that time, they had no "user" type courses. just technical repair, or specific product type classes for people needing software education for their jobs. i would likely never use a power point or office program. my daughter however, will. but i would expect she will have the basics of that taught to her in regular school.

There are a lot of places already 'for pay' that have this type of material. Most of the for pay sites are quality like CBT Nuggets and Pluralsight. They are more geared towards professionals though, so if you are just curious about how say a circuit board works you are better off googling the topic and looking at youtube video's.

I think with the mixture of forums, google searching and youtube you can find just about anything you need to know with general knowledge stuff. For higher-level things like replication, adfs and software that's where the for pay sites really shine.

You can legitimately learn almost anything on the Internet if you use the right tools and the right web sites. __________________

i agree with that, the trick is knowing the web sites. and i don't know them. i have never heard of any of the places everyone hear has suggested, until now. so seriously, if you happen across a website, that is geared towards teaching, please copy and paste a link here. i have decades worth of catching up to do, just to get current. let alone looking forward into what is around the next corner.

Back
Top Bottom