using 2 isp possible? then switching

DKY_BAROTOC

Beta member
i want to use to isp... just want to ask how to ? set it up...i want to use to isp 1 isp for gaming and the other is for internet surfing.. my reasons are to separate user causing lag in the gaming.. i want to use 2 isp at the same time and just switching if im gaming and switch to other isp if i surf.. internet cafe purpose tnx admin

Contact the ISP's.

An ISP has to install specific hardware. This hardware is then run through a cable to the Routers then to PC's. There is no way that they could know that PC A on ISP A is gaming while PC B on ISP A is not and to switch them to ISP B. There is nothing out there that can do such a thing.

So what you have to do is separate the café into 2 sections. 1 for gaming that uses ISP A and then the other for browsing that uses ISP B.

theres 1 internet cafe here that uses 2 isp. where someone told me that that net cafe uses 2 isp,but im not sure how. after asking and searching, they say it uses a program like switching, where you will choose isp1 or isp2...the software is ip switching but im not sure what ip switching software to use....ex. im in pc a, when i hover my mouse to the network icon in the taskbar..a pop up will pop asking what isp to use , isp1 or isp 2..then if i choose isp1 it will automatically go to isp 1....and if i choose isp2 it will use the isp2......

Or save yourself some money and just upgrade your current internet.

As other's have said the wiriing would be an absolute pain in the but. I could see it working if your got DSL so one uses the phone, then use Cable for your other ISP.

Just seems like a waste of money when just upgrading your current internet would work or purchasing a router that uses QoS.

i did exercise with 2 ISP into one workgroup. as of my experience i cant use 2 ISP at the same time but it realy helps when in terms of High Availability, when ISP 1 goes Down, ISP 2 will be automatically the responder.

Router configuration named: Load Balancing

If you have 2 ISP, in my opinion just separate it, ISP 1 for gaming and ISP 2 for etc...

Im also hoping to get some information from this topic.

here in our place the maximum available speed is 3.5mbps for business..so no option for upgrading internet .the only way to go is to use 2 isp ... thats why we badly need help

here in our place the maximum available speed is 3.5mbps for business..so no option for upgrading internet .the only way to go is to use 2 isp ... thats why we badly need help

It's just a case of how much your willing to pay. The ISP that looks after the physical lines in your area will likely happily install you another second physical DSL line into your home. It will cost a lot.

From that you can have two routers. One line going into each. Then you switch between connections whenever you want, but you can *not* use them both simultaneously on one PC. You can't send HTTP traffic down one line and game over the 2nd line.

Back
Top Bottom