This is for anyone who has ever said "Windows is too complicated!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
People think computers are too complicated for them because they don't want to know how to use them. If they wanted to learn how to use a computer then they'd sit down and figure it out. If they don't want to take the time then it's their own problem.

psht, he's asian. That's no fair. He's practically got his high school diploma.

To achieve the best results in learning any new language, is to start early.

My sister knows how to start up log into windows XP(just clicking the name) start Calliou, play Calliou(which is harder than you think..) and Putt Putt. And she has a mouse. However, she's 3, and this kid is two... My sister really likes the computer, especially my old DOS games like EGA PAINT and stuff..

I'm not too terribly impressed with this. My little brother learned how to start and play a few Winnie The Pooh and some other story-book games when he was two, plus he was using the mouse. This kid looks like he's using a touch-screen. Plus he has a pacifier, that's like cheating :)

When I fist saw this, one of the first questions that popped into my head was if this kid could learn to do this just as easily with a mouse and keyboard or if a touch screen is just a more intuitive interface.

I, personally, kind of believe the latter.... it seems like it would be much a easier concept for a 2 yr old to grasp. There is no real hand-eye co-ordination involved (above the normal level that you would expect a 2 yr old to have at least) and it seems like the idea of "you just touch that" would be easier for a child to grasp than the idea of "when you move this thing over here (the mouse) then this little thing on the screen (pointer) moves"... the whole spatial/perception thing.

What do you all think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom