This is Apple's updated dead pixel policy for all devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
Apple also has a dead pixel policy, but they don't readily share it with customers. Instead it is an internal policy Mac Geniuses use as a guideline to evaluate what to do.

Boy Genius Report has managed to obtain a copy of that guidance so we can all see what to expect if any of us need to take an Apple device in-store due to a dead pixel issue. Apparently Apple has recently updated the guidance hence the availability of this new sheet:

http://www.geek.com/articles/gadget...ed-dead-pixel-policy-for-all-devices-2010114/
apple-display-dead-pixels-580x391.jpg

WTF?????
it seems apple is starting to take advantage of the customers more openly, does anyone else think its wrong?

im surely dont want to open up my brand new LCD monitor and find 15 dead pixels as acceptable. i dont think even 1 is acceptable when its out of the box, QA should have checked the LCD pannels when they were at the factory.

that just means they will package more defective phones in order to save costs and have them as acceptable.

mah bad:) fd up on the links , all edited and correct

I don't know of many phones with a 9 inch screen, which calls for a max of 2 in bright or dark, which means the maximum is 4 dead pixels. The smaller phone sized screens can't have any dead pixels.

BUT, the fact that they can have an incredibly large amount of dead ones for an average sized screen once you hit 11 inchs, is ridiculous. Poor quality control, I know of companies that will replace a screen that has 6 or more dead pixels, and would never cost nearly as much as an apple screen.

Apple doesn't make any 9.7" phones ;).

I had a dead pixel on my small Nintendo DS screen, which I could only notice if I was really looking for it.

But Apples dead pixel policy is terrible, hopefully they will change it.

Meh. The guys at the apple store just seem to do what they want anyway. Go one store and they do nothing, go to another and u get a brand new replacement.

Not that ive ever had dead pixel on any screen, apple or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom