The end is nigh, repent sinners! Global warming..whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've stopped caring what scientists say.

Here's my theory (based on the Discovery channel):

There will be a Super Volcano in Yellow Stone National Park, which will be so massive it will cover the sky and block out the sun. The power of the volcano will cause a mega earthquake along the San Andreas fault, which in turn will cause a mega-tsunami.

The volcano will also block out the sun, and we will go into an Ice Age.

The above was a joke, based on the ridiculous "discoveries" of bored Geologists/Scientists.

On the "how old is the Earth topic"... based on the amount the Sun shrinks every year, if the earth was really [insert random number] billions of years old, it would have been scorched by the sun.

As for Dinosaurs, that is a whole different debate which I will not get into.

What I will say though, I'm a Christian and believe most of these "discoveries" Geologists have found (destroyed forests very high up, indicating high ocean levels etc etc) were caused by the flood in the Bible.

I don't want to turn this thread into a huge religion-bashing debate, so I will leave it at that.

I've stopped caring what scientists say.

Here's my theory (based on the Discovery channel):

There will be a Super Volcano in Yellow Stone National Park, which will be so massive it will cover the sky and block out the sun. The power of the volcano will cause a mega earthquake along the San Andreas fault, which in turn will cause a mega-tsunami.

The volcano will also block out the sun, and we will go into an Ice Age.

The above was a joke, based on the ridiculous "discoveries" of bored Geologists/Scientists.

On the "how old is the Earth topic"... based on the amount the Sun shrinks every year, if the earth was really [insert random number] billions of years old, it would have been scorched by the sun.

As for Dinosaurs, that is a whole different debate which I will not get into.

What I will say though, I'm a Christian and believe most of these "discoveries" Geologists have found (destroyed forests very high up, indicating high ocean levels etc etc) were caused by the flood in the Bible.

I don't want to turn this thread into a huge religion-bashing debate, so I will leave it at that.

I would say something about that but the forum rules don't allow it. yellow stone national park is a super volcano with a coldara of (i think 50km) they only get active enough to errupt ever 20 000 years or so, if it went off it would abbliterate a good chuck of the continent so if that happens we won't be debating anymore, because like u said the resulting effect of ash and smoke in the air will block out the sun.

humans can adapt to there environment but only so far, it would take thousands of year for humans to adapt to the new environment (if need be), by then all humans and animals would have died out.

humans can adapt to there environment but only so far, it would take thousands of year for humans to adapt to the new environment (if need be), by then all humans and animals would have died out.

Humans have grown into an entirely new type of evolution. We no longer have time to wait for genetic evolution to help us adapt; rather the brain's intelligence has grown enough to the point where we can now change our environment, rather than than the other way around.

It's a new type of evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom