switching from a dell to AMD build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm.. I thought I wanted a PCI express? don't I? But I think I found something decent if I'm looking for PCI express this.

I've installed ram, graphics cards, and hard drives into computers before. Just never started from scratch. I'm not very good with configuring things though (thats what I thought you meant buy "It's when you boot it up and start using it that it gets tricky lol.") Thanks for all your help again.

Edit:

Also can anyone suggest a nice case? The one I have now is very easy to get into, and I like that. The problem is that its so small you can't fit anything in it. So I'd like a decent sized case that is very easy to get into. If anyone knows of anything tell me about it. Thank you again for all the help.

yahn said:
hmm.. I thought I wanted a PCI express? don't I? But I think I found something decent if I'm looking for PCI express this.

I've installed ram, graphics cards, and hard drives into computers before. Just never started from scratch. I'm not very good with configuring things though (thats what I thought you meant buy "It's when you boot it up and start using it that it gets tricky lol.") Thanks for all your help again.

Edit:

Also can anyone suggest a nice case? The one I have now is very easy to get into, and I like that. The problem is that its so small you can't fit anything in it. So I'd like a decent sized case that is very easy to get into. If anyone knows of anything tell me about it. Thank you again for all the help.

yes you want PCI-E. the link you posted earlier was the same as one even earlier lol. it was jsut normal PCI. might have been a mistake.

Cooler Master makes nice cases.

Here's you a case-
11-129-158-01.jpg

Antec PERFORMANCE TX TX1050B Black Steel Server Computer Case 500W ATX12V v2.0 Power Supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129158

$135 + $15.99 shipping

Big, black, and beefy. And it is by Antec, so you know that its good. PLUS, it comes with an Antec 500W modular PSU! What more could you want???... unless you want a side window...

Definately go with the socket 939 mobo and CPU. The DFI that was suggested is a great one. Socket 754 is lame, with no dual channel RAM.

hmm.. that seems a little expensive.. I was looking for one with a thermostat anyways.. It doesn't have to be top of the line, just easy to get into and expandable.. I don't really care if it looks that nice, and it doesn't have to have a thermostat.. anyways thanks for all your help again..

hmm.. that seems a little expensive..
You get what you pay for. Plus it has a $50-$70 PSU included.

I was looking for one with a thermostat anyways..
So you put one in one of the 5 1/2" bays. They are cheap and easy to install.

It doesn't have to be top of the line, just easy to get into and expandable..
It ain't top of the line. That would be like a ThermalTake Armor or Kandalf case, which run from $140-$190 without a PSU.

anyways thanks for all your help again..
De nada. Buy what you want... it is your money after all. We just offer suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom