Switched to Firefox, now getting "network conncetions" pop-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

camosilver311

In Runtime
i have been using IE all my life, and just switched to firefox. i really like it, but have a few kinks to work out:

1. sometimes (very often actually) i get a "network connections" pop-up when a page is loading. it asks me to choose from AOL (very, very old!) or broadband connection. i have to hit cancel in order for the page to continue loading. how do i make this stop popping up?

2. on my myspace profile, i have a video that will not load at all with firefox. with IE, it starts automatically when the page loads as i intended. why is it doing this?

3. when i log out of yahoo mail to check another account, it opens the yahoo login page in another window. also, on some other sites, when i click on a link, it opens it in another window (and sometimes the EXACT same link on the SAME site will open in it's current widow!). i have the settings set to open windows in the same tab, so what else could it be?

BTW, i am running firefox 2 with win XP

1. Delete the AOL connection. It will be in the Network Connections settings in Control Panel.

2. You are missing a plugin. It may be Java, Shockwave, or Flash.

3. Try installing either Tabbrowser Plus or another tab manager. It will give you a way to choose how things open in tabs.

deleted AOL, but the "network connections" box still pops up.

how do i check if i am missing one of these plugins? and the video screen won't even pop up at all using firefox. it's not like it shows the video's outline and then not plays it, it just doesn't show up at all. and if i am missing a plugin, would it still work for IE? or do they use different plugins?

all the plugins are there, execpt the first one. it says "mozilla default plugin"

firefoxpluginsxj7.jpg

fixed the issue with web pages opening in new tabs.

still don't know what's up with the video not playing, and still getting the "network connections" box popping up...

the network connections thing is out of control... WTF?? it never did this with IE. i can't find anywhere in the setting of firefox that has anything to do with it popping up.

someone has to know what to do here... anyone!?!?

I wish I could be of more help, but I never had that issue with any of my computers.

Try posting this in the Windows forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom