Stargate Universe Season Finale "Gauntlet" Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFargle

Linux / HPC / K8s SME
Staff member
Who will be watching?
It's so sad to see this go off the air. :cry:

I pretended this series didn't exist, so it couldn't spoil my mental image of SG

edit: though ****ing Vala nearly did that for me near the end of SG-1

I never really did follow Universe much. But been watching the marathons they have had on and went back to the start with NetFlix. It is interesting...

I dont know really. SyFy really has destroyed some great series and this is just another in a long line of bad decisions for them. Next it will be Sanctuary.

I hope syfy turns into a money pit, and falls apart. SGA and SG would have BOTH been granted movies as planned if people didn't walk out on SGU, now loyal Stargate fans are screwed on yet another series. Just to note, this was shot long before the decision to end the series.

I dont blame them for walking out. When they had to find out via Twitter and fan sites that the series was canceled before SyFy told them they earned that right in my book.

It did seem a bit strange that Young had a curly mop on his head. i dont remember seeing that even in the episode before this one.

Oh well. Almost what I expected but with a twist. Just like every other finale. Leave them wanting more.

I am still upset how they ended SG1. That had to be the worst series finale that i have ever seen.

Yes, but SG1 atleast got 2 movies in the end, and was going to get a third. Us SGU fans had to find out via twitter and social networking that the series was being cancelled, syfy never said anything. Now I look around and see SGA/SG1 fans bashing SGU for screwing them on movies. The fact is, if they went along with SGU, the movies would be there. But 250,000 people get to decide what hundred of millions of people get to watch, one person stops watching a show, well supposedly another million people do. Syfy is dead, they have the money to put in these HORRIBLE HORRIBLE movies that I wouldn't even torrent because they suck so much, yet won't put money into actual sci-fi. They rather it go into cooking shows and wrestling. ****, they could take the money from those horrible shows to atleast put into a single movie to end a series.

I am half pleased with the ending...

SG-1 was by far my favorite, even until the end. The battle with the Ori was incredible :tongue: And the Asgard... The Asgard were awesome :thumbsup: Out of the three, I'd have to say SG:A was my least favorite... Except for Dr. McKay. One of the better characters on any of the shows.

I really liked SGU, but the ending sucked but has at least left it open for a reboot rather than one final battle with the drones of a final dial within a sun blowing up destiny plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom