Star wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
what would be the best way to watch them, in the order that they came out (4,5,6,1,2,3) or in cronological order(1,2,3,4,5,6). having seen them in the order they came out the first three seemed a bit too hight tech and all compared to the last three, so someone watching chronologically would find that really weird.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Used to own like every action figure imaginable.... wish i still had them... I could make some money on ebay

lol yeah had a fair few as well. all i have left are 3 vehicles (tie fighter, snow speeder and Dash Render's ship - u now the dude from the shadows of the empire game)

There is plans for 2 TV series that will span the gab 20 year between Episode 3 and 4.

One of them animated.
The other live action.
The live action is getting film in Australia.

We should hear more of this in 2007.

there was an animated one that took place between episodes 2 and 3 called 'the clone wars'. they were just little ten minute episodes not a full blown series, although it did have kindof a plot.

I remember reading a couple of articles about Episodes 7,8,9. Lucas stated that he won't make them. However, there was talks that Steven Spielberg may take over for him and make 7,8,9.

However, I would really hate the plot of them. Luke is good. Him going bad would contradict what a masterpiece Episode 6 is at the very end. But I remember reading things that Ep. 8 and 9 would be him going back to the light side.

They should go back in time and make more metal bikini scenes.

All throughout episodes 7, 8 and 9. We'll bring Jabba back to life so he can inslave her.

AnthraX said:
I remember reading a couple of articles about Episodes 7,8,9. Lucas stated that he won't make them. However, there was talks that Steven Spielberg may take over for him and make 7,8,9.

However, I would really hate the plot of them. Luke is good. Him going bad would contradict what a masterpiece Episode 6 is at the very end. But I remember reading things that Ep. 8 and 9 would be him going back to the light side.

It was Luke Compassion that lead him to the dark side.
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/lukeskywalker/?id=eu

Five years after Episode VI, Luke find out that there are other Jedis out there.
It was at this time that rumors surfaced of a Jedi Master hidden on the remote world of Wayland. Luke investigated, finding the insane Dark Jedi clone, Joruus C'baoth. Luke's compassion defeated his safety instincts, as he studied with C'baoth, and tried to draw him from the madness and grip of the dark side. C'baoth's insanity and evil was too deeply rooted to undo, and in his bid to mold Skywalker into his new dark side pupil, C'baoth did the unthinkable. Using Luke's severed hand recovered from Bespin by Imperial agents, C'baoth grew a clone of the young Jedi -- Luke Skywalker -- and sent the mindless duplicate to kill Luke. Skywalker eventually defeated C'baoth and the clone.

During this crisis, which played out while the Republic was besieged by the depredations of Grand Admiral Thrawn, Skywalker also met Mara Jade. A fiercely determined and highly skilled Force-sensitive warrior, Mara was once a trusted agent of Palpatine. She was one of Palpatine's "Hands," an elite assassin and agent who could hear the Emperor's call from across the galaxy. Jade held Skywalker responsible for the ruination of her career and purpose, and longed to kill him. Despite repeated opportunities, Jade did not kill Luke, and the two worked together to undo Thrawn and C'baoth's plans. Blunting her hatred for him, Mara developed a begrudging respect for the Jedi and his skills.

Although Thrawn was defeated, his string of victories rallied the remaining Imperial warlords to stage a daring and violent stab at the Republic-held capital of Coruscant. Whereas Thrawn wanted to capture the capital intact, these Imperials attacked without restraint and ravaged the once gleaming metropolis-covered planet. The Republic retreated and Skywalker commanded a number of missions into the Imperial-held world.

Stranded on Coruscant, Luke began to discover strange clues in newly opened secret chambers throughout the former Imperial Palace, clues to the Emperor's power. Before he could piece together their significance, a raging Force storm appeared in the sky. The swirling vortex of dimension-altering energy consumed Luke, and deposited him far away on the Deep Core world of Byss. There, in an ornate citadel, Luke faced an enemy he had not ever expected to see again: Emperor Palpatine.

Palpatine had long been staving death away by using arcane Sith knowledge and cloning technology. Palpatine would grow clone duplicates of his bodies to act as receptacles for his evil life force should his body die. With this technique, Palpatine had escaped death time and again. He called for Skywalker to kneel before him and become his apprentice. Skywalker, realizing that the Emperor was almost invincible, knelt before him, and agreed to join the dark side.

Like a few others in recorded history, Luke believed he could defeat the dark side from within by learning its secrets. He had neglected one of Yoda's key teachings -- never underestimate the power of the dark side. Skywalker, consumed by the darkness, found himself unable to break away from its pall. Though he succeeded in covertly sabotaging a number of Palpatine's plans, he could not bring himself back to the light. With the help of his sister, however, Skywalker was able to turn against his master. Together, the Jedi twins were eventually able to defeat Palpatine once and for all.

Over all, Luke fell towards the dark side twice. Firstly it was his goodie goodie two shoe nature with C'baoth. However that seems to be a light brush.
The second time was more out of survival as he knew that he would get owned by Palpatine. However it was nessary evil in order to defeat Palpatine

Obviously it didn't work because he had to have Leia help him redeem himself. Then he owned the Emperor, but Palps came back...again.

By the way, whoever asked what order you should watch the movies in, I suggest 4, 5, 6, then 1, 2, Clone Wars (if you have them and the time to watch them), and 3 then the OT again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom