Software Ideas

Warmonger

Baseband Member
I've been thinking of writing some desktop software to carry out a specific task. Tho I'm not exactly sure what to write (what would catch on and be popular) as most stuff have already been done before. So I am reaching out to the community for ideas in what you think would be a hit in software. Also keep in mind i'm an indie developer, so it cannot be something extremely complex (I code by myself other wards). It also can be cross platform Windows/Unix/OS X.

Regards.

Problem is, if we suggest something...why wouldn't we just code it and benefit from it rather than giving you the idea? Especially when you're asking in the Programming board, and usually the only people who visit this board are the ones who are doing the programming ;).

because maybe theres projects that you'd like to do but know you dont have the time or knowledge to complete.

i'm thinking about a app that sends docs or urls or other data directly from my phone to a laptop using my tv as a screen.

if i have a webpage open on my phone, id like an easy way to xfer it to the computer connected to the tv.

youtube videos too. i know youtube has leanback but as far as i know i have the webpage running already on the laptop. This usually prevents me from doing it.

because maybe theres projects that you'd like to do but know you dont have the time or knowledge to complete.

i'm thinking about a app that sends docs or urls or other data directly from my phone to a laptop using my tv as a screen.

if i have a webpage open on my phone, id like an easy way to xfer it to the computer connected to the tv.

youtube videos too. i know youtube has leanback but as far as i know i have the webpage running already on the laptop. This usually prevents me from doing it.
I think remote desktops would be more of an advantage for that situation. There are really good software out there that allow you to go from desktop, to laptop, and back. Just by dragging the window to one side of the screen and over to the laptops screen. Tho no support for mobile, that's something even I don't get into. I'm a heavy number crunching kinda guy (I have a black hat background) so it'd have to be something x86 specific. Something I could make $3000+ off of to build a new rig. Heck it could be even free software for personal use, as long as I get that much in donations. I just need a solid idea, there's just so much that I can write but so much already out there. For some people coming up with a creative idea is difficult, while for others bringing that idea to life is difficult. I'm the guy pounding his face against the keyboard trying to come up with an idea.

typically, you would want to ask the public what they need. I think you need to read up on current trends and find something that you can put your personal touch on. Freelance sites and classified ads are a good source of finding software that people or businesses want to buy. The local chamber of commerce is another good resource.

www.elance.com

www.rfpmart.com

www.odesk.com

You could make one that does like ...so you take a pic of a house upload to computer makes a 3-d version

Back
Top Bottom