Soft Mod or Hard Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyQuil

Baseband Member
Hey i was recently thinking of modding my XBox and i was wondering which was easyier and safer to do (with out killing xbox).

If you know what your doing, a hard mod would suit you better. Other wise, just use a software mod. There is a simple way to change the dash board, It involves the original version of mech assault and a usb thumbdrive... something in the game mech assault allows you to change the dash board on your xbox. You download the files wherever they may bet to your usb thumb drive, plug that into your controller via the phantasy star online add on. Theres a bit more to it, but its just what I remember seeing on Tech Tv.

i used splinter cell, a normal memory card and a hacked version of action replay to put the save game/exploit on the memory card via a usb to xbox cable so i could use an xbox controller on my pc.
i went for the softmod...
a) quick and simple, just what i like and easy to remove
b) didn't want to open the xbox

but what yall fail to remember is that a softmod is super easy to mess up if you don't do it exactly right....trust me. i am a +v in the slaYers evox auto installer IRC help room, and i get people in there all the time with fsked softmods....get a chip...they are easy..if you dont know how to solder, go the solderless route...i've installed a chip,large hdd,formatted, and installed all the dashboard and apps in under 30mins....but of course i've done hundreds of boxes....but go the chip route..you will have more features..and you cant really mess it up

as usual i side with H4x3r. i would even take a homebrew mod chip over a soft mod. soft mods are just not worth the trouble. they almost inevitably fail and result in you needing a mod chip anyway. if you do a softmod i wouls suggest replacing the capacitor that powers the internal clock when it is disconnected from power, this can help you avoid the dreaded clock loop. or you could use the UDE (Ultimate Dashboard Exploit) soft mod.

or you can TSOP the box, which is much safer...it just replaces the onboard M$ bios with any bios you choose...but you must bridge two solder points on the mobo...and as usuall with a mod, you won't be able to play XBL

ooooooo i see thats what i thought soft moding was (tsop) that wat i wanna do. so u would just burn the bios to cd and replace it? and solder 2 points on the mobo? any chance u got a picture of where the 2 parts need to be soldered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom