So tax time is here. Anyone else get a surprise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

95BlackGA

Fully Optimized
I didn't work at all this past year. Been a stay at home dad, and studying for Master MECP certification. In other words, sitting at home wasting my days, playing on the computer, and having fun spending time with my daughter. Anyway, my girlfriend was the only one that worked in our household, which is just us 3. We went to H&R Block to file taxes, thinkin' we'd only get around $1800-$2200 back. Came out of there, and we're getting a little over $5,000 back. Our daughter is the reason why we're gettin' so much. Since she's the one that got us that money, we figured it's only fair that she gets what she needs/wants. Anyone here with daughters? I know all kids are different, but I figured I'd get some help picking out some things she may like. She's only 18months old. I plan on getting her dolls and hotwheels, which are her favorite things, and possibly buying a cellphone to give her. Of course the phone wouldn't be activated, but it would a real cellphone, 'cause she knows the difference... Anyway, what do any of you suggest I pick up for her?

Yes I agree, if she has everything she needs at the moment, then a college fund would be an excellent idea.

18 months? That has doll stroller written all over it. My daughter lover her's (she just turned 2) and it is great to encourage her to start walking.

Ya i sure did :)
Since we baught a new home late this last year and with a 6 yr old son and my wifes having been a bit over taxed wich we never noticed we are getting almost 11k back.
and ya i agree my sons getting a new 4 wheeler this spring :)
now let see:
New roof
back yard fenced in
4 wheeler
pay off VISA
WOOT we can go to McDonalds lol

I was suprised by how much of buttsecks the government gave me. I paid in close to 8000 last year, and i'm getting back 1000. Hurray for being single and not owning a house.

Ideally one should set up their withholdings (W4 form) to get a $0 refund at tax time. Any more that $0 and you are giving the government an interest free loan for the year.

Would you give me $100 a month for a year if I promise to give you $1,200 back in April?

I wouldn't, but it is nice for me to know that I'll get money back at the end of the year rather than having even the slightest chance of paying anything.

The highest i've ever paid was $16.50 for city taxes. I paid like .50 cents last year for city (and they did indeed cash that check).

I was suprised by how much of buttsecks the government gave me. I paid in close to 8000 last year, and i'm getting back 1000. Hurray for being single and not owning a house.

Your state not have a renter's deduction? In Indiana we can claim up to $3000 deduction for rent. That would have helped you get some more back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom