SD card issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

play2kill

Beta member
Hi, I have the following problem. I bought an SD card on ebay but was too busy to properly check it out before the return policy was still valid which was stupid, I know. But anyway the problem is the following:
When I try to put files on the SD card (it is approx. 22 GB of mp3 files for my phone) the computer copies them on but after the transfer the first 2GB or so that were transfered appear normally on the card but the problem is that other folders are empty although the computer shows that 22GB of space is used on the card. I've formated the card multiple times, tried copying on two computers and with two different methods (via adapter and via USB with the card inserted in my phone). The files do not appear on any of the devices i.e. both computers and phone. So I am pretty sure that the card is faulty. Of course the seller doesn't know anything but the fact that I have had the card at home for a month and so he can't replace it. But I found an honest guy selling the same item with the following disclaimer:

"Brand new micro SD cards straight from the factory, however when these cards have been tested they vary in 'good' capacity 1.8GB to 16GB. Please therefore be aware that these cards may develop potential read/ write errors particularly above 2GB but they may also be repairable with the right formatting & flashing tools...."

So I'm trying to find these "right formatting & flashing tools". Anyone has any idea?

Thank you for any replies.

p.s. I wasn't sure where to open the thread but here seemed appropriate as I've seen some threads about disks. If I was wrong, sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom