Riddles are pure fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

yosa

In Runtime
If a tree falls in the woods, and it wieghs 100 pounds plus half its wieght, how much does it wiegh(stolen from an old book I read, but still a fun brain teaser).

Feel free to post any other interesting Riddles.

hmmm.. this is tricky...

the obvious answer is 150... but thats definitely wrong...

i'm unable to get it :(

there's alot of websites with riddles, i found these to be tricky

Here on earth it is true, yesterday is always before today; but there is a place where yesterday always follows today. Where?

What starts with "e" ends with "e" and contains only one letter?

Born at the same time as the world, destined to live as long as the world, and yet never five weeks old. What is it?

there's a bunch more but i dont feel like posting them all.

A farmer and his hired help were carrying grain to the barn. The farmer carried one sack of grain and the hired help carried two sacks. Who carried the heavier load and why?

A boy was at a carnival and went to a booth where a man said to the boy, "If I write your exact weight on this piece of paper then you have to give me $50, but if I cannot, I will pay you $50."

The boy looked around and saw no scale so he agrees, thinking no matter what the carny writes he'll just say he weighs more or less.

In the end the boy ended up paying the man $50. How did the man win the bet?

Very good, those are tricky riddles; and yes there are a great many sites that can provide and answer riddles, the answer to your first is a dictionary.

Perhaps it is a bad topic, considering the available rescources.

SpoiledBoar said:
A boy was at a carnival and went to a booth where a man said to the boy, "If I write your exact weight on this piece of paper then you have to give me $50, but if I cannot, I will pay you $50."

The boy looked around and saw no scale so he agrees, thinking no matter what the carny writes he'll just say he weighs more or less.

In the end the boy ended up paying the man $50. How did the man win the bet?

He wrote the following words on the paper. I didnt even have to look that one up.

your exact weight

yosa said:
If a tree falls in the woods, and it wieghs 100 pounds plus half its wieght, how much does it wiegh(stolen from an old book I read, but still a fun brain teaser).

Feel free to post any other interesting Riddles.
how does something weigh 1.5 times its own weight.
if you say it weighed, 1kg, that means it actually weighs 1.5kg, which means it actually weighs 2.25kg, an so on....

Re: Re: Riddles are pure fun

apokalipse said:
how does something weigh 1.5 times its own weight.
if you say it weighed, 1kg, that means it actually weighs 1.5kg, which means it actually weighs 2.25kg, an so on....

yeah, can oyu give us the answer to that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom