restless leg syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
I looked at a magazine and noticed I have a lot of signs for restless leg syndrome.

If I don't exercise or work for 1 day I will have a lot of leg pain for hours unless I exercise. Oh and I feel faint almost all the time, When I move my legs at night I feel relief.

I was just wondering if 17 year olds can get RLS? rls is short for restless leg syndrome.

You could have it, but it is highly unlikely you do.
What you need to do is go down your doctors and get them to check it out.

thats what i was thinking about doing. Problem is I don't got a lot of money.

Whats another year going to do? Its been like this for about 2 years so far. Just getting a little worse each year.

In another year I will have 1 full time job or 2-3 part time jobs so I will have plenty of cash.

I just read more about it and what food has iron in it? maybe I am not getting enough iron.

Sorry I keep forgetting medical care is something you have to pay for in the USA , but surely there is some way of getting a doctor to take a look at it for free or little cost?

Iron deficiency can cause some serious problems, if you think you are not getting enough take supliments and eat more red meat.

Green veggies (spinach, broccoli) are rich in iron. Also keep an eye on your potassium levels. Do you take any supplements, vitamins?

Eat spinach. In leaf form (uncooked) it tastes just like lettuce. Put it on your sammidges and that should boost your iron levels nicely. Pasta with butter and broccoli is another fav of mine. Maybe cook up a little sirloin. And you should definitely take a multi vitamin. Go to your local GNC (or whatever vitamin/health store you've got) and have them recommend one for you.

And to Chris, unfortunately, there is little option for free medical care if you don't have insurance. You can usually find a free clinic someplace but they are usually severely under funded and very unsavory places. Nearly all hospitals and doctor offices are privatized.

find a free clinic or even post your symptoms on a medical message board. i don't suppose there are many doctors on TF. several e-doctors, i'm sure, but not real ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom