Restart problem!!!!!

fishlover900

Solid State Member
Messages
8
Please help!!!!

When i am on the computer for a random amount of time it will suddenly restart itself without any warning. When it reloads it says that windows has recovered from a serious error. I looked on the website and found an update but when i loadd it it tells me that the file is older then the one i have. CAN U HELP?????!!!!!!!!!!
 

Griz803

Baseband Member
Messages
89
Hi, I'm pretty sure that one of two things may be the problem.
1. You have a problem with the voltage being incorrect in the power supply output. Solution: Make sure all surge protectors and outlets are providing correct input to it. If you have a proper multi-meter and know how to use it, go ahead. If not, even the most expensive service call doesn't kill you, 110-120V AC can! :( It could be necessary to replace the power supply if all power input shows okay and the output voltages are not within 2% - 4% of the stated nominal on the power supply rating. If you test the output of the supply, you should back probe the connectors since most supplies don't generate correct output if the leads are not under load.
2. Less easy to diagnose, but almost as likely, your computer is overheating due to a dead or nearly dead fan in the case or inside the power supply. It could also overheat if the case vents are blocked by dust and dirt or if it is simply to close to the wall and not getting airflow.
Either of the aforementioned pieces of bad luck will be more likely to cause the random reboots than software. If it was software related, it would be rebooting in certain applications or tasks every time, not randomly.
Please be careful and consider if you are qualified to check this out or need a professional. Electricity is hazardous! I wish you luck. :)
 

bluto

Banned
Messages
1,660
fishlover900 said:
Please help!!!!

When i am on the computer for a random amount of time it will suddenly restart itself without any warning. When it reloads it says that windows has recovered from a serious error. I looked on the website and found an update but when i loadd it it tells me that the file is older then the one i have. CAN U HELP?????!!!!!!!!!!
Say Yes and keep what you have or go out on a limb and say No.
What Update sight is this.
Try here.
C:\WINDOWS\WUPDMGR.EXE
 

bluto

Banned
Messages
1,660
Re: What do I need?

fishlover900 said:
Are there any special dusters etc that i need to clean my PC?
I tried.Good luck.
:mad:
I hear a dishwasher does a great job on the motherboard.
 

fishlover900

Solid State Member
Messages
8
Now What!

I hav cleaned the computer and now, instead of reseting it comes up with a blue screen of death telling me to restart if it's the first time iv'e seen the message and to change some settings in bios. HHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!
 

bluto

Banned
Messages
1,660
Re: Now What!

fishlover900 said:
I hav cleaned the computer and now, instead of reseting it comes up with a blue screen of death telling me to restart if it's the first time iv'e seen the message and to change some settings in bios. HHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!
Are you really sure or just putting us on.so whats the answer i want to go there and see fo myself.If your really serious about this.I repeat.
What Update sight is this.
By the way cleaning wasn't my idea,Update ? was.
;)
By the way,nice PC you are contacting us on anyway.
:D
 

fishlover900

Solid State Member
Messages
8
More

How do you know my computers good?! I have downloaded all the updated from microsoft and have installed ZONE ALARM and SPYBOT search and destroy. I did have differnt programs before but they werent that good.

so far so good!
 

bluto

Banned
Messages
1,660
Re: More

fishlover900 said:
How do you know my computers good?! I have downloaded all the updated from microsoft and have installed ZONE ALARM and SPYBOT search and destroy. I did have differnt programs before but they werent that good.

so far so good!
Your posted here,right ? thats got to mean 1 of 3 things.
1.Your on a different PC.
2.This one isn't so bad off.
3.You just went overboard with protection.
I don't use ZA.Spybot,just Ad-Aware.
And not "all" of Windows updates,read the info of why you should.
:D
 
Top