Random Chit Chat

older bios can get buggy, I mean if you do a lot of updates on it, the writes on the chip can get corrupted over a length of time/updates. You can get new cmos chips. I could be out in left feild on this, but from my weak understanding, cmos chips memory is very similar to the type of memory used in ssd drives
This is an X570 board we're talking about here.

I've seen and had brand new boards with bad or really weak cmos batteries in them too!
Dead cmos battery wouldn't cause a random reboot from within Windows. When the machine goes into the triple startup post after the random reboot it tells me it's doing the AMD memory training phase like a failed OC. This is what made me initially think it was a platform issue because to me it looked like the reboot was caused by instability from RAM or CPU clock. In reality it appears to have been a bad driver install as I've been fine since I remembered I installed new drivers last Saturday and did a classic DDU.

Another angle I was looking at was not last weekend but the week before I moved to using the 2.5Gb Realtek onboard. The shit part about this past weekend is that lightning storm that struck real close a few times. The PC wasn't on but the power did blip from a close strike and made the 10Gb switch I have in here derp out. So I was looking at a ton of possibilities.

We got the latest stimulus $$$ deposited today. Anybody else?
Wow! they just passed his bill and your already getting your check? that is awesome!
Seeing as we owe the Feds $1,900.00 in taxes this year, we can use the Fed Stimulus money to pay our Fed taxes. Sounds stupid in a certain way to me....

Wow! they just passed his bill and your already getting your check? that is awesome!
Seeing as we owe the Feds $1,900.00 in taxes this year, we can use the Fed Stimulus money to pay our Fed taxes. Sounds stupid in a certain way to me....
Yep, amazingly fast!

Our stimulus will be used to pay what we owe the Feds in taxes plus our oldest daughter is getting married in May so some of it will go towards paying for the wedding.

Ours showed up in our bank but won't actually be deposited until the 17th. The letter we received from the IRS said we would get 1200 (WTF?) but the deposit shows as 2800. I checked out the requirements and ran a calculator and we SHOULD get the 2800. No matter what we get it will be going for bills.

Guys don't forget, you get a check you then owe on next year's taxes. I talked to the missus and if either of us get the check we will be getting in the eVGA queue program to get a 3080 or 3090. After that we are going to mine on it and we have both of our 2080s mining too. The goal is, use mining to pay for the new card, then use the profits to pay those dickheads back in Bitcoin.

:lol: I need to ask, is anyone going to answer the latest question in Computer Safety and Cyber Security :lol:

I'm not 100% if I should try or just stay the fu*k away from it . :unsure: . Like WTF man .. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom