Random Chit Chat

We need something like EPA here. At least for the sea. I remember seeing sea life 20 years ago that I cannot even find online anymore. Our beaches were full of fish and crustaceans. Not it's like deserted. Even now there's not serious care for its cleanliness and life. Looks like Covid-19 did something good for a change keeping human hands off of the beaches for a while.

Tbf the position is right under the CIO and the guy clearly makes well over 6 figures. Grabbing headsets from the warehouse is an exaggeration that he used, but it is a support and admin position for a long lasting home building company here in the states (so they have $$$). And yea, that's the pay of a mid level software developer here too, granted it depends on who you work for. The way I took it is, this guy has 1 dude doing your "level 1" type support like getting conference rooms ready, replacing projector bulbs, helping Barabara with her daily email issue etc. He does everything else of "value" like server side work, patching, upgrading, deployment, purchasing, AD stuff, whatever. It looked like he was searching for a person to do his work while he kicks his feet on his desk but because they only employ about 100 people in that office I'd have to help the other guy with the mundane tasks so I'm not "doing nothing". What he also forgot I guess during the interview is the position called for somebody to head out to the contract areas and deploy IT equipment for the housing contractor trailers. IMO all things combined is worth that level of pay when you add in the travel. After we got done talking about my experience I guess he forgot about that part and got scared I'd get bored because I've worked in such a large corporate environment for 6 years. Definitely not the case but it is what it is. Not everything pays that lucratively though, I mean my last position I did a lot more "upper level" type stuff but only was paid ~40k.

It all comes down to finding the right company to work for that actually values good IT experience.
Yeah a lot of companies do not like IT here, they see it as an annoying cost. I wanna get into the consulting side as then it's on the profit making side of the business and you get a lot more $$$.

Yeah a lot of companies do not like IT here, they see it as an annoying cost. I wanna get into the consulting side as then it's on the profit making side of the business and you get a lot more $$$.
I think that's anywhere honestly. I was laid off because we were expendable enough to help the 2020 bottom line. So many IT people out of work because of Covid and companies thinking we just weren't necessary.

Us retired folk were some of the first laid off. Others like me are disabled and myself am on Oxygen. My left side don't work very well. I could just see me standing around the entrance saying welcome to Walmart or checking the baskets going out of the store...Not! Anything that helps me or my wife out i am all for it. Most don't know it but the way ssi works, we get a raise every year most times and lets say we get a 60 buck raise, Medicare charges around 52 bucks of that raise. 8 bucks a month for the next year. That ain't shit!! How many can live off less than say 27000 bucks? I made over 45000 bucks a year before i was hurt on the job.
Now, who is the retards and crying for "free" money? The way i see it is it was a long over due raise for us!!!

Us retired folk were some of the first laid off. Others like me are disabled and myself am on Oxygen. My left side don't work very well. I could just see me standing around the entrance saying welcome to Walmart or checking the baskets going out of the store...Not! Anything that helps me or my wife out i am all for it. Most don't know it but the way ssi works, we get a raise every year most times and lets say we get a 60 buck raise, Medicare charges around 52 bucks of that raise. 8 bucks a month for the next year. That ain't shit!! How many can live off less than say 27000 bucks? I made over 45000 bucks a year before i was hurt on the job.
Now, who is the retards and crying for "free" money? The way i see it is it was a long over due raise for us!!!
You're not a Gen Y, Millennial, or Gen Z staying at home playing video games asking for free handouts. As far as I see it you're retired and paid your dues to society. I'm talking about the former, doing nothing and wanting more in return.

As far as I have seen, Millennial's are notorious for expecting something for nothing....I know not all but I know that there are some out there. I call'em as I see 'em.........whiny spoiled demobrats that think the world owes them something

As far as I have seen, Millennial's are notorious for expecting something for nothing....I know not all but I know that there are some out there. I call'em as I see 'em.........whiny spoiled demobrats that think the world owes them something
Millennials being in that crowd you're referring too is getting rather rare now. Gen y and z took up those pitchforks about 5 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom