question on mp3 viruses

Status
Not open for further replies.
aha
yeah, old tricks, even if u got all kind of protection u gotta pay attention to the files ext.

.., attachments in email,i only open when a text is written by someone i know, that safe thing rite

sites having downloadable cartoons wit virus that execute just by visiting the site, thats the worst, fearful.!!! :eek:

yeah ur right, reputable sites, the known 1s.

ps-if u have this billybobscountryhoedown.mp3.exe* on p2p mp3 search, u can see it, theres plenty of room in the dwnload window.so,,,
hey...a downloaded .mp3.exe or .exe with malicious stuff is dangerous-affects ur system:when u download it n is stored in a folder? or from the time when u click on it/run?
ty

yes it should be seen in a p2p client, its not like explorer. your mp3 downloading should be fine, just be aware sometimes people find flaws in a program or windows and you can get infected just by being connected to the network.nothing but a patch will help you less your AV detects it early...remember the blaster virus? i got it once after a fresh install of xp and got online for like 2 minutes and i was hit, my za firewall didnt know what happened lol

i think i was hit with an unkown one a few weeks back, had new install on new pc, got online and like 5 minutes later suddenly explorer would crash and couldnt click on anything, no safemode boot or nothing...it sucked...happened to me on 3 or 4 reinstalls and nothing was detected then suddenly it stopped happening and been fine since...likely a worm on my isp's server or something and took em a while to catch it...less it was new pc syndrome lol ..dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom