question about driving accidents

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewCents05

Daemon Poster
my mom says i cant have anyone allowed in the car with me(friends) because if i get into an accident and they like break their leg or something they can sue us for all our money and take our house away(yea ooook). is this true or is my mom just making bs up?

wow crap ugh those stupid driving school videos dont talk about the damn finacial consequences
well that sucks

what are u talkin about?

have you ever heard of insurance? It covers all injuries and damages to the car

she's talking about when you first get your license probably....you're not supposed to have anyone under like 25 in your car for the first 6 months....technically yeah they could sue, but psht, if they are your friends 1. I doubt they'd think of it 2. Doubt they'd do it unless their assholes.

oh well I never listened to that, I had friends in my car from day one.

When your friends get into a car, just have them sign a contract that they can't sue :p if they're under 18 though that contract has no meaning so get their parents to sign it :D

Insurance in that situation will only take care of that person up to the ammount that you set. If you are riding with anyone in your car, you are responsible for them... So, Yes... your insurance will pay them the ammount you specify in your insurance policy however If that person Dies or doesn't like the ammount given by the insurance policy they can sue you for everything they can. So because of your age and the fact you still live at home, your parents are responsible for your actions. If you kill someone, while you are driving, the parents of the person you kill ( or whatever) can sue your parents.

hope that makes sense

we can only have 1 person in the car till your 17 or 18 in ohio but i dunno id rather follow my moms rules cause shes the one providing me the car and has the right to take it away so i dont wanna get on her bad side (at least till im 18 ;) )

bradybnmci said:
Insurance in that situation will only take care of that person up to the ammount that you set. If you are riding with anyone in your car, you are responsible for them... So, Yes... your insurance will pay them the ammount you specify in your insurance policy however If that person Dies or doesn't like the ammount given by the insurance policy they can sue you for everything they can. So because of your age and the fact you still live at home, your parents are responsible for your actions. If you kill someone, while you are driving, the parents of the person you kill ( or whatever) can sue your parents.

hope that makes sense

yea that helps thanks
i hate when my moms right ugh

I am so glad they didn't have all these laws when I was 16. Shoot, when I was that age we would drive a around with 6 kids in the back of a pick-up and not think twice about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom