Home Network Wifi Issues

arncap

Baseband Member
This might be a tough question to answer as I have already tried by contacting my ISP and I didn't get very far with their response. As a result of extensive ongoing use of smart phones and other devices, I have been forced to cut down on internet use for my kids. I felt the best way to do this is by controlling their access to our home wifi. I am the only one who has a hard-wired device in the house. My ISP has a modem login site where I can locate individual devices and block access anytime. The problem is that my 15-year old son has found a way to bypass this access block. So when I go into the site and try to block his access, it will not allow me to save my block settings! There are other ways to disable the wifi but they create additional problems for myself. I would prefer to

Can anyone suggest any ways or ideas as to how I can get this access block to work and overturn whatever it is he is doing? If you need more details on anything including the ISP, modem, etc., don't hesitate to ask. I would really like to regain control for the health and safety of my kids! THANKS.

Take that lil snot by the scruff of his neck and whoop his ass and tell him he better never do that again!
Respect is earned....Who runs your internet in your house?
Tell him he no longer use any internet for a month

Last edited:
Your modem or gateway needs a restart
The first thing to try when experiencing internet issues is a modem and router restart. It’s super quick, super easy, and super effective. This often solves the problem.

The restart process is the same for a modem, router, or gateway (modem/router combo unit):

Step 1: Unplug the equipment’s power cable from the back.
Step 2: Wait 60 seconds.
Step 3: Plug the power cable back in.
Step 4: Wait while the equipment reboots.

Greetings,
Peter

Back
Top Bottom