quad core

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraig6412

Baseband Member
does quad core suck when it comes to games lots of people have been telling me that because it only uses one core instead of all four. and some of the games i see have say enhanced for multi-core. ok please thank you

Well, they don't suck, most games just aren't optimized for quads yet. But some out there are. In the near future more games will use all four cores.

To utilize Quad cores you will want SMP applications. They are the only ones create to utilize multiple cores. WinRar is one that is SMP along with things like F@H as well. They will split the work among all the cores.

SMP = Symetrical Multi Processing

There isnt much out there right now that is SMP. But it is catching on much more now that Dual and Quad Core CPU's are starting to become the norm.

To utilize Quad cores you will want SMP applications. They are the only ones create to utilize multiple cores. WinRar is one that is SMP along with things like F@H as well. They will split the work among all the cores.

There isnt much out there right now that is SMP. But it is catching on much more now that Dual and Quad Core CPU's are starting to become the norm.

oo learned something today, thank you :D

Doesn't using Set Processor Affinity force it onto all Cores?

hey this is actually what i have. you will love it and its pretty easy to put in the motherboard too so you prob want have to send it back for a bent pin, but that also depends on the motherboard.

Doesn't using Set Processor Affinity force it onto all Cores?
your affinity is already set for four on everything its just that not everything is going to use all four of them. im guessing if you have a really good processor that you could take all the affinity's off but for one core but i don't see the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom