psp???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Norcent said:
thanx but how did you find my ip address?

That's not your IP address ... every router runs a little webserver so that you can configure it from a computer without having to plug into it with USB or anything like that. 198.168.1.1 is the IP address of your router on your network, not on the internet. 90% of routers use that IP address.

Norcent said:
if i save the settings do i have to switch them for every networked pc?

When you change the settings, it changes the settings on the router, you don't need to do it from other computers. If you get on another computer in your house, you'll see that the settings are like you set from the other one. Just like if you change a setting on TF, and login on another computer, your settings are the same. They are stored on the server, not your computer. In this case the settings are stored on the router, not on each computer.

When you change the settings, it changes the settings on the router, you don't need to do it from other computers. If you get on another computer in your house, you'll see that the settings are like you set from the other one. Just like if you change a setting on TF, and login on another computer, your settings are the same. They are stored on the server, not your computer. In this case the settings are stored on the router, not on each computer.

Great answer, General.

thank you so much cause i am pretty sure the neighbors are using my wireless network. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it was fast for about 1 min. than it got slower then dial up again. I surely hope that works otherwise i am thinking that people are doing late christmas shopping.

Ive had alot of experiance with wrouters. I have a linksys wrouter the secuirty is allways os messed up. search the name of the wrouter and call the companys tech support they will walk through it. that is the only way i know how to changethe security, ask to turn off the security off it makes it alot easyer, you diont have to type anything in to use

bwkrazyness said:
Ive had alot of experiance with wrouters. I have a linksys wrouter the secuirty is allways os messed up. search the name of the wrouter and call the companys tech support they will walk through it. that is the only way i know how to changethe security, ask to turn off the security off it makes it alot easyer, you diont have to type anything in to use

Okay, so you have a lot of experience with "wrouters" yet you say the only way to enable secure encryption is to call tech support? Following that you say to disable it because that way you don't have to type anything in to use it. Your computer saves the password. Also, I've used the same Linksys routers for years and have never ever ever had a single problem from any of them. So I will have to vote that 100% of your post is inaccurate.

Soundmaster2.0 said:
I actually used my psp to connect to my girlfriend's dad's network to show him that he needed to put encryption on. They live in a small neighborhood and I can get 10 open connections from their living room.

I use my PSP at work so that I set up wireless networks and identify black spots.

i had to use the security key on my sisters computer but thats the only one that i had to put the security key on so she can use the internet.

my internet is still slow and my ping is 900 in counter strike source. I did that security thing and it sped it up a little bit cause my ping was 1,000. I have cable. Why could it be high? my parents where saying that people are doing some last minute shopping that is slowing down the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom