Problem with Mozzilla FireFox. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicam

Solid State Member
I've encountered a problem with Mozzilla FireFox. When ever I connect to the Internet, FireFox comes up since it's my default browser, but lately it comes up with a blank page. Clicking Home and Refresh does nothing so I close the window and try to open another FireFox window and it fails. It doesn't even boot up. I've even tried running firefox.exe and it's still a failure. I don't know what's going on with my computer. What could be the possible causes?

Hijacker? Try running HiJack This! and posting the log in the section of this forum.

cHiNo said:
Hijacker? Try running HiJack This! and posting the log in the section of this forum.

Oh, no...not FF

FF hijacked? Can't be.....

FF in untouchable...must be IE causing it....

I'm trying to run a full fledged scan now for my entire computer and following what's indicated on the MajorGeeks.com scanning checklist. What should I do about FF? How is IE causing it?

I was just saying that because 99% of people on here say FF cant be infected with spyware and its all IE's fault, etc. They just hate to admit the FF can be infected just like IE and its not any safer whatsoever. Go to www.microsoft.com and download Microsoft antispyware and run it. Then set your home page back and leave microsoft antispy running as a service. Also, go ahead and post a hijackthis! log.

K, I downloaded and ran MS AntiSpyware Beta and it detected two spywares and deleted them but my FF problem persists. I'm using FF right now, but when I click the FF icon to open FF, it doesn't open. It doesn't make anysense. o_O I'll go and post my HiJackThis! log.

Heh, nope, I haven't, I was gonna use that as a last resort. I guess I'll go do that now and hope this solves the problem. :)

Click Tools, Options, General. Type in what you want your home page to be.

Right now it sounds like your home page is set to about:blank (which is my choice, anyway).

Nope, I reinstalled it and it still giving me the same problem. When I reinstalled it, FF came up with my normal Home Page that I set before, but then I closed the window and clicked FF and it doesn't come up. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom