Problem with Graphics Card Drivers conflikting with Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
I have Win 7 HP, installed on the Tower system here at home. I have booted the Computer up Fine and then shut it down and Installed the Graphics Card. Booted up again and its Freezing at the Point were the Win 7 Logo appears. So I have shut down the System and Booted up in Safe Mode removed all drivers and softwere for the nvidia 6200 GPU, and booted up in Safemode with newtowrking, downloaded the Official Drivers from nvidia website and thus Installed them. Rebooted and its still Crashing. I know its a Graphics card Problem, but dont know how to solve the Conflict. Windows is downloading a Driver for the 6200 nvidia GPU but after I removed the softwere its still refuses to Boot.

I can get a Vishual output ect, but have a feeling it has to do with an Update from Windows via the automatic updates.

How about if I turn off automatic Updates, and do the same prosess again, and Install the Cards Drivers threw Safe Mode with Networking. Would that help?

Can any one help with this Please, as the michines down what I do F@H on untill the GPU Drivers are sorted out.

Even if you turn off Auto Updates it will still install the drivers. You need to go into the Device Manager and remove the drivers completely, then install the new ones.

So if I boot up in Safe Mode KSoD, and then Remove the Device drivers via the uninstall option, then Install the New ones via Safe Mode. The ones wich av Downloaded via Safemode with Networking. Would their not be a Conflict with Windows and the Softwere I've downloaded via the Official nvidia webiste. I also have the option in Win 7 Update to download.

No the drivers you downloaded via Safe Mode with networking would be the drivers that would be installed and Windows Update would not try to download and install any drivers at all.

I've done a Fresh Install of Win 7 HP KSoD, just finishing off the Updates now, then the softwere that I need I will put on. The reason is, I rebooted in safe mode and did not have the Option to Remove the Drivers Via the Device Manager as their was no Option to View the Installed Gforce 6200. So I made sure all softwere was Uninstalled for the 6200 and checked windows update and nothing showed up their. But after rebooting and windows automatically Installed the Drivers as to which it prompted for a reboot, after that it went in to System Restore to roll back and sucsefully did this.

After that it was a Cycle of Installing the drivers and rebooting to System Restore. This sounds stupid but something happend and then Windows would not Boot and I was prompted to reboot and Install windows again.

But since I've done a fresh Install KSoD, can you tell me how to succesfully do a Install of the Graphics Card. As Im running on bord VGA, thinks thats also called a D-Sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom