Potentially the longest thread in history...

Paid off £9500 of debt today :p

Well, kind of. Mum leant me 2500 interest free so I could pay my loan off in full, as it meant i'd save about £800 in interest as opposed to paying it off over a longer time. So that was nice of her :p

But the other £7000 was saved by me through selling a bunch of **** and saving quite a lot recently.

Feels pretty good. I still have £1500 to pay, but it's on a 30 month interest free credit card so I am not too worried about that one. By the end of the year I hope to have paid back that 1500, and then by the end of '18 I hope to have paid my mum back too.

On what ?

I'm obviously a huge PC fan and tech guy, but if I were running a company, I wouldn't take the piss. I'm not giving some office admin person who works out of Excel and Outlook thousands of dollars worth of screens and a top end PC. You get a couple of 24" TN panel monitor, and a standard spec desktop PC. At the same time if you're obviously a power user who is genuinely going to work faster and more productively with three 4K monitors, then I wouldn't have a problem with that either.

Servers, switches, storage, racks, new building wiring, fiber installations, desktop computers, cameras, monitors, TV's, conference room setups, phones... everything. :tongue:

Servers, switches, storage, racks, new building wiring, fiber installations, desktop computers, cameras, monitors, TV's, conference room setups, phones... everything. :tongue:

Secretly hoping you would have said EM drive R&D :p

(even though IT budget wouldn't go toward R&D)

How'd you even let it get that high :tongue:

Lol it's not really as bad as it seems. £5000 was for my motorbike, £2400 was just a 9 month deferred payment for my laptop which I already had the money for. The only real stupid one was £3k I spent on a camera when I was at the worst of my depression and was trying to buy happiness. It kinda worked for a month or so, so I don't really regret it that much.

Secretly hoping you would have said EM drive R&D :p

(even though IT budget wouldn't go toward R&D)
shhhhhhh
What's funny is our in-house ERP software is called warpdrive. :lol:

Lol it's not really as bad as it seems. £5000 was for my motorbike, £2400 was just a 9 month deferred payment for my laptop which I already had the money for. The only real stupid one was £3k I spent on a camera when I was at the worst of my depression and was trying to buy happiness. It kinda worked for a month or so, so I don't really regret it that much.

oh yeah not bad. I kind of want another RX 100 when the VI comes out. Love my IV

Back
Top Bottom