Potentially the longest thread in history...

Continuing my phone saga, I gave my Mum her Huawei Honor 2 back, and am now using a One Plus One.

I like it more than my S7 Edge. By quite a bit.

I've started visiting /r/collapse recently in addition to /r/science and /r/futurology, the latter two give me real positive hope for an amazing future. The first one does the opposite, and makes me think we're doomed. Problem is both provide compelling information so I don't know which is more realistic.:omg:

Continuing my phone saga, I gave my Mum her Huawei Honor 2 back, and am now using a One Plus One.

I like it more than my S7 Edge. By quite a bit.

OPO is till today one of the best phones I've ever used.
I still think its probably smoother and faster than many of the newer gen phones.
OP did or probably still does an amazing job with their OS.
I remember how happy I was when I got an invite and then how heart broken I got when I broke it.
The price I paid for that phone during that time was like 250-300 I think and it performed better than an S5 which was like over 700 bucks

I've started visiting /r/collapse recently in addition to /r/science and /r/futurology, the latter two give me real positive hope for an amazing future. The first one does the opposite, and makes me think we're doomed. Problem is both provide compelling information so I don't know which is more realistic.:omg:

r/LateStageCapitalism is a good one to add to that, really gives you the whole "our society is ****ed" feeling

/r/incels as well. Tbh there's a never ending list of subs there that make you think hey, maybe a nuclear war wouldn't be such a bad thing :p

Today we're finalizing the approach we're using for our nas/san/network upgrade. 2x Intel 2Us running 8x 1TB P3600s each, joined with MS's storagespace/ReFS, connectivity will be 2x Ubiquiti Edge 16 XG's with 2 aggregated SFP+ connections running to each Intel server. Hawt damn, pretty sure we're going to easily hit 1,000,000+ iops ^^
Did a mock setup with 15k SAS drives and already hit 427k iops, doubling the number of drives and changing SAS to NVME should mean a huge boost on top of that too.

Ungh these things alone give me a semi https://www.scorptec.com.au/product...Hm_xfRmE7HluzyQnIAqBp896cgJg8SVxoCMF8QAvD_BwE

Last edited:
/r/incels as well. Tbh there's a never ending list of subs there that make you think hey, maybe a nuclear war wouldn't be such a bad thing :p

Today we're finalizing the approach we're using for our nas/san/network upgrade. 2x Intel 2Us running 8x 1TB P3600s each, joined with MS's storagespace/ReFS, connectivity will be 2x Ubiquiti Edge 16 XG's with 2 aggregated SFP+ connections running to each Intel server. Hawt damn, pretty sure we're going to easily hit 1,000,000+ iops ^^
Did a mock setup with 15k SAS drives and already hit 427k iops, doubling the number of drives and changing SAS to NVME should mean a huge boost on top of that too.

Ungh these things alone give me a semi https://www.scorptec.com.au/product...Hm_xfRmE7HluzyQnIAqBp896cgJg8SVxoCMF8QAvD_BwE
Could have done 100Gb Infiniband :p

Is this your way of trying to make me jelly because its working. :(

Also.. Every now and again I watch the Big Bang Theory and I honestly think the users need to mix it up on the forums.

We need to do something in this thread and other parts of the boards.

I'm talking about acting and behaving like they do on that program because the conversation sure ain't worth **** at times; especially on a weekend around hear.

So I'll give an example.

At the minute I'm running an 7 Client Server SOHO NAS Nix* Network that is holding 1.1TB in Multimedia Storage. Such as HDMI Hi Res Encoded videos along with 60FPS Videos.

My HDMI TV running at 50FPS, and I wouldn't mind bumping it up too 60 if I knew along with using the optional range of various inputs available such as HDMI2 and 3 ..

You see what I mean. Something to get the juices flowing when your reading a thread and maybie get members to stick around. I'm not diss'ing you but I honestly think people would come back if we could bump up the level of intellectuality. I could kill for a Good Conversation at times. Something to get the mind working.

EDIT: Thats my thoughts. But please dont take that the wrong way. I'm not being nasty but man, I often look and think yeah I'm gonna ask google some random questions in stead of reading the boards.

Last edited:
r/LateStageCapitalism is a good one to add to that, really gives you the whole "our society is ****ed" feeling

I hear about that one quite a lot, never checked it out for some reason.

/r/the_donald too

You know, 99% of that sub is ****ing toxic. Actually probably more like 99.9%. BUT, I do subscribe, because Reddit does have a big issue with people downvoting things that don't fit their narrative or agenda even if they are true. 95% of reddit is left wing college students or post grads. However go to /r/The_Donald and you will occasionally find some pretty big news off reliable sources, but it will be pro right wing news and that kind of thing so you will struggle to find it elsewhere on reddit, or in fact the general media too. There are probably better places on the internet to get such news I guess, but I like reddit. I make a habit of subscribing to subs that offer views alternate to my own, to keep perspective on things.

In other news, holy **** **** you Windows. Gave me the scare of my life. I sold my gaming laptop, so I did the whole Windows 10 reset feature. It said it would take a very long time but I didn't believe it because it's a high end laptop. Well anyway it wasn't lieing, that **** takes like 8 hours. Went to bed and left it going in my room.

3am, pitch black, I am fast asleep. When suddenly I hear at loud volume the ****ing woman out of Cortana saying something like "Hi! lets set up your PC bla bla bla bla". Do you know how **** the bed freaky that is to be rudely awakened to at 3am ? you can't comprehend anything that is being said because you're 110% tired. So all I could process mentally was that there was some woman in my room talking to me. I thought ghosts were real and I was about to be possessed and killed. I was so close to pissing myself in fear 'til I realised :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom