Potentially the longest thread in history...

D3JS and ChartJS are pretty good as well. I believe they both also just take in a JSON object. Was the data not already in JSON format? If not...does PHP not have a JSON serialization function to convert an object -> JSON?

Yeah it does, my insert into the morris chart looks like this:
Code:
<script>
yadayada
data: <?php echo json_encode($myDataArray);?>,
</script>

I'm pulling the data from a PostgreSQL database, so I have to use pg_fetch_row and operate per row, then use results from each row to build another query. I'm 100% sure I'm doing things wrong :p but I absolutely suck at SQL stuff. I need to use a bunch of joins and inner joins apparently, which I didn't feel like touching so I did it the ugly/easy way instead lol

Also, just had the biggest doh moment -_- the morris donut page says it needs "an array of objects, containing label and value attributes corresponding to the labels and sizes of the segments of the donut chart". No mention of JSON there, so I thought hey I'll just pass it my array of arrays.
Didn't even look at their example code -_- and yup, that's json formatted lol. Fml...at least that explains why it wasn't working without the encode :p siiiigh.

Last edited:
PP you know what it is, I'm not the best for Money at the Minute. BUT. I mite run an experiment. I mite build a best of a PC. Put some Money aside and see what the best is I can afford and then stick Mint on it and see what happens on-line with second hand buyers.

I know people are generally thick like Joe public but I'd be curious to build a good PC for a change and just sit back and laugh at the riff raff that gets in touch.

Thing is, if you have an i7 with DDR4 and something like a 1070 in SLI, I'd be curious to know how much people will pay for something like that. Maybe even water cooled.

Just sit back and laugh.

I mite seriously do this and start by taking my adverts off gum tree so I'm no were to be found.
In 2012 I was trying to sell my PC at the time for 1000 and nobody would bite. People are just way too damn cheap. The people who can afford it will just rather build their own.

****ing colleagues -.- they're all fitness freaks that go running every day and eat salad for lunch.

As a reward for success, company paid for pizza for everyone. You could choose whatever you wanted. The rest of the company ordered a 'large' 12" pizza between 2 or 3 people. There are 40 other people on this floor and they ordered 17 pizzas.

There are 7 people in IT today. "Oh, we'll just order the one pizza between us".

ONE TWELVE INCH BETWEEN 7 PEOPLE. WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE !

Normally I order a 12" or even a 16" for myself. :( :(

I'm pulling the data from a PostgreSQL database, so I have to use pg_fetch_row and operate per row, then use results from each row to build another query. I'm 100% sure I'm doing things wrong :p but I absolutely suck at SQL stuff. I need to use a bunch of joins and inner joins apparently, which I didn't feel like touching so I did it the ugly/easy way instead lol
Lazy :p.

Also, just had the biggest doh moment -_- the morris donut page says it needs "an array of objects, containing label and value attributes corresponding to the labels and sizes of the segments of the donut chart". No mention of JSON there, so I thought hey I'll just pass it my array of arrays.
Didn't even look at their example code -_- and yup, that's json formatted lol. Fml...at least that explains why it wasn't working without the encode :p siiiigh.

Hahaha - yeah a lot of client-side stuff like that just takes in JSON since it's easy to parse.

Going a bit stir-crazy on holiday. Unreliable 4Mb internet and consistently bad weather (can't go for a run) will do that to you. I have really been enjoying reading - I started the Northern Lights trilogy a couple days ago and have almost finished book 2 - but I don't want to read all the time.

Going a bit stir-crazy on holiday. Unreliable 4Mb internet and consistently bad weather (can't go for a run) will do that to you. I have really been enjoying reading - I started the Northern Lights trilogy a couple days ago and have almost finished book 2 - but I don't want to read all the time.
I wish I could still read :(

Starting to look more like what I want! I might create a project page instead of hijacking this thread constantly :p
MRbzEmD.png

I overcame my fear of joins this morning and did it properly, all my data in one query :p wasn't even that scary in the end! :grin:

Last edited:
I don't know what to do yet :p I thought the css is meant to take care of it all -_-
Code:
<div class="table-responsive">
    <table class="table table-bordered table-hover table-striped">

Back
Top Bottom