Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

I just got to play with a Nexus 7 and it really makes me regret buying my Xyboard 8.2. Jellybean is incredibly smooth and Google Now is simply fantastic, everyone here who has tried it thought it was much better than Siri and most of them are 4s owners so that's hardly biased. The hardware is also great and feels like a much higher end device.

Meanwhile Moto still hasn't updated the Xyboard to ICS much less JB and it has an encrypted bootloader so a custom rom is out of the question.

I just got to play with a Nexus 7 and it really makes me regret buying my Xyboard 8.2. Jellybean is incredibly smooth and Google Now is simply fantastic, everyone here who has tried it thought it was much better than Siri and most of them are 4s owners so that's hardly biased. The hardware is also great and feels like a much higher end device.

Meanwhile Moto still hasn't updated the Xyboard to ICS much less JB and it has an encrypted bootloader so a custom rom is out of the question.

So I take it the Nexus 7 is really good? Would it be worth an upgrade from my Asus Transformer (TF300)? There's nothing wrong with the TF300, hell it's my favorite device, but I might give it to my wife because she needs a tablet, so I'm looking around for a replacement.

So I take it the Nexus 7 is really good? Would it be worth an upgrade from my Asus Transformer (TF300)? There's nothing wrong with the TF300, hell it's my favorite device, but I might give it to my wife because she needs a tablet, so I'm looking for an excuse to buy a new toy.
Fixed :)

See in my case, Idc and idc :p
I'm going to be playing the game and I'm going to buy the stick if it means selling a guitar or something.

Well I looked on the forum and read around for a few opinions.. and ended up buying the founders option, gets you $80 of game credit, a special mech and beta access.

Cost me £38. I like having a Job :D

Sucks though, I got my beta download link, but won't be home till 9pm. And I forgot to run TeamViewer this morning so can't even remote in from work to download it :cry:

So I take it the Nexus 7 is really good? Would it be worth an upgrade from my Asus Transformer (TF300)? There's nothing wrong with the TF300, hell it's my favorite device, but I might give it to my wife because she needs a tablet, so I'm looking around for a replacement.

Depends what you want, I prefer smaller tablets so the 7 is perfect in that regard. It isn't as flexible as the Transformer and you don't get a micro SD slot if that matters to you however for the price it's far better than you would expect.

Back
Top Bottom