Potentially the longest thread in history...

7970 Ghz edition.. hmm So it uses more power than 680, runs hotter than 680, and overall is only as good as a 680. It wins in some games, looses in others.
AMD will have to wait till there next architecture to be truly competitive again.

It seems better at compute, I will give it that. But then it's pretty obvious the 680 was never intended to be good at compute.

7970 Ghz edition.. hmm So it uses more power than 680, runs hotter than 680, and overall is only as good as a 680. It wins in some games, looses in others.
AMD will have to wait till there next architecture to be truly competitive again.

It seems better at compute, I will give it that. But then it's pretty obvious the 680 was never intended to be good at compute.

Meh, for desktops I'm still an AMD guy. 7950's FTW!

Was thinking the same thing. Plus the 670 and 680 can come with 4GB of RAM which is better for multi-monitor.
The 680 has more, but cut down shaders so not a very good F@H card.

Back
Top Bottom