Passworded HDD Data recovery

alaa_ecv_tc

In Runtime
Hi
I have a Hitachi HDD sata .. 250Gb
It is password protected but I can't enter the password because the keyboard is broken ..
I have the password
I want to access it via my pc ..
the password is "w,vm"

Is there any way to access it via pc or I must have another Laptop ?

I just want the data .. I don't care about the harddisk

Regards
:)

Most time's it needs to be accessed via the same model machine, using the same model keyboard. Sometimes like with Dell, if it is a low level system password on the drive, you can swap it between any dell machine, using a dell keyboard and enter the PW and get into the drive.

There is no laptop to use right now
There is only my pc
Is there a software that can access the data using the password ?
I've googled and I only got the password bypass results
Looks there is no such thing !!!

If the keyboard is broken on a laptop, you can use a standard usb keyboard in it's place in order to put the password in.
You can not boot up to this drive from another pc, windows activation will not let you do that. Is the windows on the drive you are trying to access encrypted?
You can pop the drive into another windows pc as a slaved drive and get your data from there
You can also use a boot disk like gparted and get access to the drive that way

Edit:
if you can get the same model laptop or possibly a laptop with the same chipset you can boot the drive up with that using your password

In the end it depends on the kind of password... Hardware level, or software level...

So is the password while in windows? Or prior to the OS loading?

If it's the windows password, just hook up a USB keyboard like Joe said, if it's a hardware level one, you need the same keyboard and machine models to get into it, as it's more sensitive.

The password was set in bios .. so I guess it is hardware level .
In disk management the hdd is not there ! only the main HDD - the one I am booting from -.
In Hardware management the HDD is there ! - Two HDDs , mine and the passworded -.

the original laptop has no working usb and almost dead ..
:)

As I said earlier, you usually need the same model computer and keyboard to unlock such drives, or at minimum the same brand computer.

Like on Dell computers, if you put a pass locked drive from a dell vostro laptop, into a dell gtx250, the 250 will ask for the HDD PW, because it RECOGNIZES what was done to the drive, but only because it recognizes how Dell locks the drive. I am un-aware of any software methods to get around this, maybe someone else here does, or will come along in time to give better information.

Your probably
screwed.jpg
'd
I have seen things on the net but as far as I know, nothing can unlock the drive without the same laptop, the bios lock is actually written in the drives disk so even replacing the firmware will not unlock it
you might find it easier to get a new drive

Back
Top Bottom