other hobbies

Been pretty busy over the holidays but here is a few shots of the layout right now. Picture left to right on 3 photos. I don't know how to make all three as one pan shot. It may be some time till i can do anything else to it. Just too much stuff going on right now. I haven't even run a engine over all of yet yet! Maybe that will happen in a few weeks. Have to see how things go around here first. Later all, Dan

Attachments

• 20190102_155453 (Copy).jpg
    20190102_155453 (Copy).jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20190102_155445 (Copy).jpg
    20190102_155445 (Copy).jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20190102_155438 (Copy).jpg
    20190102_155438 (Copy).jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 4
I went and got crazy and bought a Atlas brand Shay locomotive at Christmas. I got a dcc computer chip to make it run with options on my layout. I had two others that were wore out. They were made different than the newest generation model i bought. A friend on one of my train forums will do the deed for me. So after talking to him a bit i went and bought another shay. It is also 3rd generation. While i was on ebay, i also found and bought a 4-6-0 steam engine for my main line train. It has dcc already installed in it so i now have 4 engines in my roster. Later if i can find one i would love to get a 2-8-2 steam engine. Have to keep my eyes out for one as they are really hard to find. Have shots of the two differeny shays and the 4-6-0 as well. Enjoy, wd66

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20181205_145545 (Copy).jpg
    20181205_145545 (Copy).jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 4
  • s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 4
Yep. I just hope the doctor tomorrow can do something for me. I'm a vet and use my va benefits. The trains keep me busy and somewhat helps me with ptsd. If it keeps me from getting to crazy all that much the better.:D i still have the computer and my tablet but not good just sitting at the computer or watching the boob tube all the time. The layout keeps me busy in the winter months. In the summer fishing or swimming or camping. :cool:
Anyway, i'll let you know what they say. Wd66

Yeah I hear you Dan. My PC is about all I have for my world. My pains keeps me from being too active doing stuff. Lots of my friends are dead so so much for a social life.

Hell, I woke at 330 am because of my neck pain. I took a pain pill and waiting for it to kick in so here I am. I'm mad at my Ins for delaying my injections and I'm ready to lay it in on them.

I started taking CBD oil and it seems to help quite a bit. Took me a while to find my dosage. This stuff cost $70 for 1000 mg in 2 fl oz and my dosage is 35 mg a hit. Instead of taking it 2x daily I take it for flare ups.

I just ordered a 1 fl oz bottle of 300 mg CBD vape oil and a vape pen to see that they work faster for flare ups. If so I'll go that route from then on.

The closest thing I've got to your layout Dan is this train set I bought for my kids about 25 years ago. It's packed in the box and hasn't been used in about 20 years. I bought some extra track, switches, extra cars for it, etc... but we never had a permanent layout for it.

Attachments

• lionel.jpg
    lionel.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom