old computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

talldude123

Banned
i know everybody has their "new" computers, with AMD processors, alienware cases, Overclocked, 600 GB HD, but take a look at the very FIRST computer system ever built. The cheapest dell is a rocketship compared to this!

Attachments

• firstpc.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 85
now imagine "halo 2" on this...would take a year to load

i think windows 3.1 would still take 2 hours to boot up.

or it would never boot lol.

I've seen that before. But look at the caption. Still extremmely fast for their standards....

produced an answer in two hours.

windows xp on a pentium 1 boots and logs in at about the same time...

talldude123 said:
yes, and in a few years microsoft will start making processors :p

yes they will make processors soon enough...but it will probally suk just like nearly everything else microsoft makes ;) haha :p

sorta unrelated, but is dell planning to make a contract with AMD and start using their processors?

dell would make alot more money that way.

sorta unrelated, but is dell planning to make a contract with AMD and start using their processors?

talldude123 said:

haha did you accidently click the 'submit reply' button twice ??

umm i know that HP in there early days had AMD processors...im not sure if they will use them again or not

i would say the only reason they are using intel is because they either get them dirt cheap or they think because intel have a higher number (e.g 3.4ghz) it sounds better so people will buy it...and wats the point in Dell, Hp and so on using AMD ?? they lock the bios anyways so you cant OverClock....so its sort of pointless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom