new technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

loomo

Beta member
hello everyone. my first post on here and i am hoping someone can help me out. last month i read an article in a sunday paper and basically it was saying new technology coming out means that if you have a picture of yourself on the net then anyone can track you down forever more, even if you are in the backround of the picture. please enlighten me as to whether there is any truth in this or was it an april fool in june..

Well, not ANYONE can track you down. Only BIG BROTHER can do that. But the chances are still low and your going to be safe, but that's what BIG BROTHER wants you to think.

The government has a visual library of peoples faces linked to their names, by which the government can cross-reference the name with their background info

when you say the government do you mean where your from or all over the world? also is there anywhere i can get information about this new technology as i have five pints on this as nobody believed me..

Facial ID software is only owned and used by governments, But out of the thousands or million pictures on the Internet is highly unlikely that they could find it the software is used in comparison examinations such as in the 7/7 attacks when they had the passport and driving license photographs to security camera footage.

The ones that they use in petrol stations and on the roads for recording and tracking the movements of cars is by the license plates is very different it works by a different type of pattern recognition and has limited scope for anything else, The most recent example of this is recently in London with the failed car bombings it was used to track the car from when it arrived at the sean back to the address they lived in.

getting back to the article i read though, it was saying once your photo was on the net then you were there forever, and could be traced no problem. any downloadable info on this article or was i the only one that read it?

First off welcome to tech forums :). You may want to know that your posts dont count in the Off-Topic section, hence it says 0 posts. Mods are harsh on here, you swear, you get an infraction, you get enough and your banned.

Anyway...i never new about this. :cool:

Once a pic is on the net it is mostlikely there for ever some one some ware will copy it for there own reasons....

They aren't allowed to randomly track people.

That said, the executive branch of the US government is doing alot of things they aren't supposed to. A couple years ago they used facial id software to find a murderer, and he was released because it isn't court approved technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom